Saturday, July 23 ... “DCI Southwestern Championship” … Alamodome … SAN ANTONIO, TEXAS Saturday, July 23… 1:30 PM CT

Blue Devils were simply FANTASTIC!!!!! Still not quite perfect. Some fracking in a few solos, but that is getting knit picky. Their total brass ensemble sound is the best this year. Percussion are throwing down and also know how to put on a show. Very musical writing I think. The guard is coming into their own, and the work they perform is incredible. I'm not buying the ending after the back field company front, but it doesn't bother me either. It just comes down to the littles things for BD as they push to Finals. The show is so tightly composed with very little fat and so much focus. I feel the small tweaks they make over the next few weeks can make a big difference when you consider how good they are. No issues with caption strength. They should be near or at the top in just about everything. 

Way to go, Blue Devils!!

• Like 6

In the closer that BD rifle on the 50 dropped not once, but twice, within 20 seconds and it bounced right back in her hand BOTH times.

You know you're living a charmed life. 

And speaking of rifles, love how they catch high tosses in the port position.  That's a nod to Blue Devils of old.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Onionhead2 said:

Still to me they sound piped in, like it’s all coming out of speakers

I’m at home in California, where it quite literally is being piped in and is coming out of speakers!  😊

• Haha 1

I don't think we're gonna make it to 200 pages for this thread.  At least not until after the scores are read.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Spartans beat Jersey Surf at their own show.  Wow. Open Class is going to be quite the meet up when they’re all together. 

Spartans have superior show design, they are the Bluecoats of open class. If and when they move up, they will be a force.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

They are a machine. Literally. The design staff just follows the same formula and it is literally tried and true. 

Yeah that’s kind of a problem would much rather see them take chances like the bluecoats do