Bluecoats 2022 narrator script

12 minutes ago, ykw said:

Probably some random voice actor

I'm thinking not -- the voice is too familiar. 

8 minutes ago, Zanjero said:

Still curious as to why they changed from Joe Walsh to Lou Reed.
I would rather take this trip with Walsh.

I have to admit, I’m far more familiar with Lou Reed’s name than Joe Walsh’s. In fact, because of Twitter, the name Joe Walsh normally makes me first think of the media personality/former politician. Maybe that was part of it—to avoid any ambiguity that could cause someone to pass judgment and not be able to focus on the show?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, brassboy said:

I have to admit, I’m far more familiar with Lou Reed’s name than Joe Walsh’s. In fact, because of Twitter, the name Joe Walsh normally makes me first think of the media personality/former politician. Maybe that was part of it—to avoid any ambiguity that could cause someone to pass judgment and not be able to focus on the show?

AAAHHHHhhhhhhhhh ok. Maybe so.
That's too bad for Average Joe. He's "The Dude from The Big Lebowski" of rock. Fits the theme so well.

• Like 1

Bloo, proving no matter what you do, if you do it well, they will respond.  Must have been some good *(^& in that bong they passed around for the design team meeting....

16 hours ago, Smug Trumpet Guy said:

I've just woken up from being frozen for twenty years. Can someone explain why so many of the drum corps shows have constant narration over the loudspeaker this year?

You OK?! Did your cells and tissue make the transition from freezing to thawed without incident? 

Y'all. I admit it. I slept on Bloo and Boston while I marched and while I was away. My loss!

This show is what I dreamed drum corps could be. After lots of time spent making abstract performance art, this show fits right into my aesthetic. Don't tell me what to think, present a collage of ideas and let me put it together myself. My wildly-different interpretations shouldn't be beholden to the designers or creators. Good works of any artform do that.

I can't wait to keep dissecting this show for years to come. So delightful! Thanks Bloo and glad I'm finally on board! It's never too late!

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

You OK?! Did your cells and tissue make the transition from freezing to thawed without incident? 

And somehow the cookies saved his DCP login from 20 years ago!

Are there other issues that he asked about first? Why does that cell phone have such a big screen? You elected a reality TV guy as president? Are beanie babies still cool? Why are people wearing masks?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

And somehow the cookies saved his DCP login from 20 years ago!

...Someone is gathering every crumb you drop, these
(Mindless decisions and) moments you long forgot.
Keep them all...

• Like 2