AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

4 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

This entire thread gives him WAY MORE ATTENTION than he deserves

I think the Cadets organization should get a restraining order against him, so he could never attend any event where they appear/hold. I'm pretty sure a judge would grant.

In the meantime, he's probably reading this, and enjoying the attention, just a hunch.

Survivors of his and others' abuse can express ourselves however we want and should be encouraged to so, so long as it's legal and not harming others.

I've said it before, but I don't care if he reads this or how he feels. That he feels anything shouldn't matter and definitely shouldn't influence our actions.

Silence about this hasn't worked and it won't work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

This entire thread gives him WAY MORE ATTENTION than he deserves

I think the Cadets organization should get a restraining order against him, so he could never attend any event where they appear/hold. I'm pretty sure a judge would grant.

In the meantime, he's probably reading this, and enjoying the attention, just a hunch.

however you ignore him and...well.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I just want to remind everyone here or who sees this later:

Remember how your words may one day affect a survivor who comes across them. Especially survivors who are still in the closet for their own safety.

Are you on the side of for our healing? Are you on the side for our being validated and heard? Are you on the side of actually advocating for safeguarding this activity so we can contain and reduce these acts of violence in drum corps?

Put yourself in a survivor's shoes before you write. Imagine you got the #### kicked out of you (or worse) all summer or for more than one summer by people you were paying and trusting. People who shook your family member's hand and told them they could be trusted. Or imagine you made an honest mistake in your youth and were harassed for it or cut off from your corps "family" as a result.

Imagine that your abuse was a factor that led to the loss of significant, loving relationships in your life. Imagine you were plunged into a depression for years or decades as a result of your treatment. Imagine you had digestive arrest for decades and couldn't afford health insurance to help you. Now imagine that this wasn't the first trauma you had experienced in your young life.

All of these things are true for me. I know others for whom it's the same. In a youth education activity. You know, one survivor I talked to asked that I italicize youth education activity in my open letter. It's the only edit they requested.

Who are you writing for?

I genuinely believe everyone here has good intentions. Just want to be painfully clear who I'm writing for.

So. None of this is working. What's next?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Survivors of his and others' abuse can express ourselves however we want and should be encouraged to so, so long as it's legal and not harming others.

I've said it before, but I don't care if he reads this or how he feels. That he feels anything shouldn't matter and definitely shouldn't influence our actions.

Silence about this hasn't worked and it won't work.

oh, I'm not trying to shut anyone down - I'm just making the point that narcissist do enjoy attention, and I'm just not sure chit chatting about which shows he's attending or his spews on social is particularly productive - but if helps someone heal then by all means. This thread just struck me more as attention for someone who thrives on it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

oh, I'm not trying to shut anyone down - I'm just making the point that narcissist do enjoy attention, and I'm just not sure chit chatting about which shows he's attending or his spews on social is particularly productive - but if helps someone heal then by all means. This thread just struck me more as attention for someone who thrives on it.

I know.

I just worry that survivors who may not have my strength may diminish their own truth out of fear of what some predator thinks or feels. That's worrisome for me.

Just now, scheherazadesghost said:

I know.

I just worry that survivors who may not have my strength may diminish their own truth out of fear of what some predator thinks or feels. That's worrisome for me.

I gotcha. I personally think it's pretty disgusting he hasn't (yet) received a lifetime ban from DCI, speaks volumes... But the victims absolutely need to be priority one through one-hundred

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keystone3ply said:

Wow; now you see how his “self centered” actions will effect his daughter.  Sad. 

I urged them via a low-level, but open-eyed admin to make a statement. I hope it pushed the dial, even if only a little bit.

This org has a history of hiring predators to leadership, along with enablers, and has never come clean about any of it. So, they don't have my trust yet.

But a public statement is another step in the right direction.

• Like 3