AFTER GUILTY PLEAS IN 2020, FORMER CORPS DIRECTOR ATTENDS HIS FIRST DCI EVENTS

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

DCI is leasing property, so those rights are transferred to them while they're in control of the property?

This is going to sound like "splitting hairs".

But ,is DCI "leasing" the property or just "renting" for 2 nights.

If its an actual "lease" it should include language relative access to the site.

Renting, for 2 nights, I doubt its covered in the rental contract.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re using  facial recognition and retina scanning at some stadiums now to keep out banned people but only for suites at this time .  But it looks to be a thing of the future.  Jim is in the business and has designed the infrastructure at the stadiums using this technology.

As far as we know he is not banned.

44 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

To say "again" implies that you said this previously. All you said was "I’m told from knowledgeable folks he was not near her corps at San Antonio despite what have been implied or assumed from his posts." That doesn't suggest at all that he didn't have an SCV pass.

However, if you're indeed correct, I'm happy to hear it.

It's that little drum corp birdy that some have access to. You know...my friends cousin's half sister's boyfriend.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Gotta keep up that myth that he’s still in the loop! 

I hope you'll forgive those of us that survived trauma for being a little upset about this.

I'm not trying to keep myths and rumors going. But my trust for DCI and my own corps is broken by no fault of my own.

If you weren't directing this at me cool, I just want to clarify my role in all of it.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

Can you imagine at the gate at every dci event a picture with “do not admit”

They did it to AL Bundy at the grocery stores for writing bad checks lol. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I hope you'll forgive those of us that survived trauma for being a little upset about this.

I'm not trying to keep myths and rumors going. But my trust for DCI and my own corps is broken by no fault of my own.

If you weren't directing this at me cool, I just want to clarify my role in all of it.

I think it was directed at GH himself.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, skevinp said:

If DCI can’t keep him out, maybe they should go the opposite way and and announce his presence.  

“Please give a warm welcome to former director George Hopkins, who is seated in section C, row 25, seat 17.”

Oops we meant row 24, 23, 22, 21, 20...........as he is being dragged down the steps. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

8 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

It's that little drum corp birdy that some have access to. You know...my friends cousin's half sister's boyfriend.

Well if the birdy is in charge of the passes he probably knows.  

Not necessarily what happens to them after, though.  I don’t know if they have names on them…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

This is going to sound like "splitting hairs".

But ,is DCI "leasing" the property or just "renting" for 2 nights.

If its an actual "lease" it should include language relative access to the site.

Renting, for 2 nights, I doubt its covered in the rental contract.

Good question. 

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

One positive thing I think we should be clear about is ‘Good on DCI for sending the letter’.  

I suspect other things are going on we can’t see   

I’m going to put my ‘retired military’ hat on and note we seem to be stuck in a ooda-loop with the forces of good on one side against the forces of evil.  We as good guys need to ensure our ooda-loop is faster than theirs  

if you don’t know what an ooda- loop is I suggest you google it.  Useful in many life situations 

Ooda loopa doopity doo, the Academy has a show just for you!

• Haha 2