Saturday, July 30th .. 4:55 PM “DCI Southeastern Championship” …Center Parc Credit Union Stadium … Atlanta, GEORGIA

9 minutes ago, CAtenhut said:

All of you on here complaining about this field - I can't imagine what you would've said if you saw the dirt rodeo field we performed on in Casper, Wyoming in the 80s. Thank goodness Flo and the internet didn't exist back then. 😂

Or how about in the 70's marching the Wisconsin State Fair race track field or Lambeau field without yard lines!!! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

20220730_185735

How's the echo under that roof?   In the Rose Bowl, that's not a good seat because of that.

2 minutes ago, lyndakay27 said:

Got my daughter missing her stick flip the other night. The 3 seconds they were on the bass drums and that was when. 

I swear getting chosen for the close up (even when you don’t know) increases the probability of a drop…

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, CAtenhut said:

Good job, Genesis. I think easily their best performance of the year so far. PC better keep pushing if they want to stay ahead of them. 

No more soft endings!!!

I really enjoyed their program... Crowd is hot already

• Thanks 1

Just now, brians said:

Or how about in the 70's marching the Wisconsin State Fair race track field or Lambeau field without yard lines!!! 

I'm not that old... 😂 But that sounds equally bad. We had a wind storm kicking dirt everywhere and yardlines half gone after the 3rd or 4th corps. 

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

How's the echo under that roof?   In the Rose Bowl, that's not a good seat because of that.

Well I’ll tell you this if it starts to rain hard you’ll make a lot of friends

• Haha 1

Do you ever see a guard member run off the field anywhere than right side back field?  Thinking back to "Tinker Bell" (Crown).  Is it a left to right issue? In the design manual somewhere?

3 minutes ago, Liahona said:

Accoustics are phenominal here! 

Surprised... Must be overhang... 

It is.  It’s why roofed soccer stadiums are the ideal place for Drum Corps shows in my opinion.  Soccer teams may not want lines on their field though…heh.  But the tendency to do an overhang roof holds in the sound more.  Soccer stadia do it to amplify the supporters groups chants and songs.  But it works in reverse for holding in the sound off the field too.   

NFL stadia are increasingly just domes.   The big college football stadia haven’t gotten into that trend or just pump ‘extra crowd noise’ on the sound system when they want.  (Fed Ex field does this for the Washington Football Team).