Pitch me your DCI show concepts.

5 hours ago, Orwellian Wiress said:

This is awesome. James Webb pictures would make great backdrops or guard flags.

It really would. I’d love SCV to do it with “Denouement” as their ballad.  Listen from 1:45-2:45.  It’s got intensity and chord progressions like Adagio for Strings.  Picture it with swirling galaxy drill.  I picture like two galaxies colliding sending stars scattering when I hear that song.

Edited by NewArpege

8 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Oh...my....god.....

A guard moment where they've got colored cloth and make turns around horn players to visually mimic the cycles part.  

Mimic?

Uh no. Bluecoats makes the cycles as props. Drives them around the stadium. Sucks the entire audience into the game. 

Spartacus will never be mentioned again.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Thanks 1

A western that’s a cross between Django Unchained and Blazing Saddles.

9 minutes ago, Sideways said:

A western that’s a cross between Django Unchained and Blazing Saddles.

Mongo punching the horse out would be the finals week addition for max GE

Here’s my show concept. Play awesome music while marching full-field, kick*ss drill. At the same time 😯

let’s see if it happens. 

Edited by CFC1905

I pitched this to my kid's band director, but he didn't bite on it. So I'll put it here up for grabs:

"The Magic Cube"

The corps starts out as a giant, solved, Rubik's Cube, using 6 different colored costumes on the performers to identify the 6 "faces" of the cube. The show starts as it is mixed up a little, and then when trying to solve it again it just gets more mixed up. Lots of rotating blocks and lines in the drill. At first, the drill is very chaotic, as if the person playing with the cube is doing just that -- playing around with it. You eventually get to the ballad, where the imagined "solver" realizes that in order to solve it correctly, they will have to do it methodically. Finally, the show ends with another high speed series of drill movements, but this time obviously more organized. Then, seemingly out of nowhere, as the final note hits, the colors all come together perfectly and the cube is back to where it started.

Music features selections from Hungarian composers (Liszt, Bartók, etc), or '80s music (and cultural references) -- take your pick if you want to go more serious or more lighthearted.

Yacht Rock. Devils or Bluecoats. Jersey Surf could even pull it off. 

Mangione, Christopher Cross, Michael McDonald, Herb Alpert, Boz Scaggs, etc

A true blue Pat Metheny show like Bones ‘91 through a modern lens would be killer. Have You Heard, Third Wind, See the World, Letter from Home - or a personal favorite: Lone Jack.