Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

13 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

Vanguard That’s about as solid performance quality you can get a week before finals. I don’t know if the Crownies will hold Vanguard off tonight. Wouldn’t at all be surprised if Vanguard wins tonight. 

I don't know, Pops. I am in complete agreement with you on the merits of Vanguard and Crown's shows, and I'd like to see Vanguard catch Crown, but time is running out and they haven't closed the gap between them and Crown at all since the two first met in Broken Arrow. We'll see what happens tonight, but I'm not holding my breath that they will catch Crown tonight or next Saturday night.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Now, they should do a show about Allentown. I hear Billy Joel has a tune about it. 

Cadets are roaring back! I can wait to see them again next week.

Just now, ediblewaffles said:

Although I missed SCV tonight, I bet they still killed it.

Also, can we all agree that if The Cadets did away with the narration and threw in the classic uniforms, this show would have that 1995-2004 vibe? 

No, because I feel that it already HAS that vibe, even WITH the narration and new costumes.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

It would probably be easier if you just said any show in the top 10 could beat Crown and have all your prognostication bases covered. That way we could all move on … your opinion of the Crown show (which has not even run tonight) is well known and relentlessly stated right here right now all the time over and over. 

Sounds like a Crownies show doesn’t it! Would you like some cheese with your whining? Right there right now 

Edited by Poppycock
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

I just do not see the Cadets finishing lower than 6th. To me, it's an obvious step up from Blue Stars and Cavaliers. This season is going to really set up the Cadets well for the future.

I agree with your first and last sentences. I find Blue Stars to have a slightly higher level of reach and grasp across most captions as I understand them, but I am no judge. Both wonderful shows. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BWise said:

It would probably be easier if you just said any show in the top 10 could beat Crown and have all your prognostication bases covered. That way we could all move on … your opinion of the Crown show (which has not even run tonight) is well known and relentlessly stated right here right now all the time over and over. 

ha

relentless

get it? the crown show?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That upper camera is at the exact wrong height.   All you get is the reflected glare from the  back field lights.

Just now, lawdn said:

I agree with your first and last sentences. I find Blue Stars to have a slightly higher level of reach and grasp across most captions as I understand them, but I am no judge. Both wonderful shows. 

Yeah, don't get me wrong, this is a great Blue Stars product and perhaps their best since returning to World Class. I'm no judge either, so I could be eating my words in about an hour.

• Like 1