Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

7 hours ago, Tim K said:

I’m not so sure we know BD is off to a 20th championship. It’s not out of the realm of possibility, but last night we did not see the BAC show that people saw in Glassboro a few nights ago. 

Yeah and everyone is saying BD was off too. BD will win. It’s over. Sorry to be so blunt, but it is. 

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, karuna said:

Since DCI and Musokfest always coincide, the official Musikfest Weather page is a great resource.  A commercial weather company provides microforecasting for the entire event.  

http://epawaweather.com/musikfest/

musikfest shows no rain tonite.  accuweather shows rain in the 6pm and 8pm hours.  So who do you believe?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Before I go back to just watching chats - I think this year could go down as the most competitive and best year top down. 

BlueStainGlass, Spot On! Sure has been for me since 1972!

My Pipe Dream. Particularly this being DCI's 50th Anniversary, Seeing #11-20 World Class Corps Awarded Repeat Performances on Saturday. This Man Can Dream.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, skevinp said:

How do we compare tonight’s scores to last night’s?  Add .7 to last night’s?

We don’t. You can’t compare scores from different nights. It’s not only a different night, but it’s a whole set of different circumstances.

At Allentown in 2019 SCV and Crown performed two different nights. Crown outscored SCV. Many a Crown fan considered that to mean Crown passed SCV. That never happened. 

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

Apologies, in advance, if this has already been discussed. Is that ######## J Missing judging tonight? And if not, is it fair to the corps to not have the same exact panels for both nights? Which night benefits the most, if he doesn't judge tonight?

It doesn’t really matter an the end of the day. The only show, from a competition standpoint, that matters is next Saturday night. All corps will be judged on the same night by the same panel of judges.

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

It's funny cause several years back, some people whined and cried because BD performed more than anyone else

Which year was THAT? Curious.

7 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

musikfest shows no rain tonite.  accuweather shows rain in the 6pm and 8pm hours.  So who do you believe?

My radar shows a line from Stare College South to Richmond.  But it should take a while to enter the Allentown area.  But usually AccuWeather is pretty good.  

9 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Karuna. Brilliant! Thanks for Weather/Musikfest Link.

7 hours ago, Slingerland said:

Because that's the way they chose to schedule their season. Cadets didn't start until a week later than everyone else in their current tier. How's that any different?

well - not sure the Cadets thing was a "choice" it was a budgetary necessity I think

7 hours ago, tedrick said:

Well not as much drama tonight after we now know that Devs are cruising to an undefeated 20th DCI championship - After last nights confrontation between BD and BAC we know that BAC has a great show this year but the cream separates to the top and it's clear BD has the content.

The storyline tonight is Blue Stars vs. Cadets - can the Blue Stars narrow the large gap between 6th place island and the 7th place atoll?

Do Cavaliers unveil something incredible and barge into the 6th/7th conversation?

Vanguard is Zen - so I predict a stable throw down of yoga moves and drum features.

I'm thinking Cavaliers move ahead of BS tonight. JMO