Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

15 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

We don’t. You can’t compare scores from different nights. It’s not only a different night, but it’s a whole set of different circumstances.

At Allentown in 2019 SCV and Crown performed two different nights. Crown outscored SCV. Many a Crown fan considered that to mean Crown passed SCV. That never happened. 

Except Allentown is the exception. Same panel both nights and they treat it as one large show over two days, including using Friday's numbers for reference. The comparison is shakier because (1) one set of corps technically had an additional day of rehearsal before competing, and (2) the judges are only human but do their best to remember performances from the previous night.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Yeah and everyone is saying BD was out too. BD will win. It’s over. Sorry to be so blunt, but it is. 

It was over the second week of the season. It does take away from some of the excitement next week so I asked my friend why are we going to Indy if we already know who the winner will be. He said to see who comes in 2nd, 6th and 12th place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Which year was THAT? Curious.

I would have to go back in the archives and look. I remember getting into it with a member of the ABBD crowd over BD getting more time in front of the judges and that's why they win all time according to that poster. 

Maybe 8-10 years ago heck IDK......But since the ABBD crowd regurgitate the same stuff year after year, after a while all the years bunch together. 

Going to be catching my flight to Indy later on this evening. Gotta root on my son and Gold at Open Class finals. 

If I have down time or when I get back from Indy, I will see if I can go back through all my comments, find it, then PM you directly.

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Except Allentown is the exception. Same panel both nights and they treat it as one large show over two days, including using Friday's numbers for reference. The comparison is shakier because (1) one set of corps technically had an additional day of rehearsal before competing, and (2) the judges are only human but do their best to remember performances from the previous night.

So J Missing is one of the Music Analysis judges again tonight?

Just now, Chief Guns said:

I would have to go back in the archives and look. I remember getting into it with a member of the ABBD crowd over BD getting more time in front of the judges and that's why they win all time according to that poster. 

Maybe 8-10 years ago heck IDK......But since the ABBD crowd regurgitate the same stuff year after year, after a while all the years bunch together. 

Going to be catching my flight to Indy later on this evening. Gotta root on my son and Gold at Open Class finals. 

If I have down time or when I get back from Indy, I will see if I can go back through all my comments, find it, then PM you directly.

ok - I just don't remember it, certainly given my brain issues lol

I know way back in the 80s Cadets usually had about 20 more shows than BD in a given season from what I recall

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

That's yet to be seen, but I'd be a little surprised if they do end up putting a judge in the second MA slot for tonight.

Well, I take that back. They swapped out Webb with Paul Smith for tonight but he's the ONLY MA judge. Interesting and surprising they didn't have Webb judge the second night (unless he was unable to).

Edited by brassboy
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

It was over the second week of the season. It does take away from some of the excitement next week so I asked my friend why are we going to Indy if we already know who the winner will be. He said to see who comes in 2nd, 6th and 12th place.

This ain't Felliniesque, not even close

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1