Saturday, August 6th “DCI Eastern Classic” J Birney Crum Stadium Allentown, PENNSYLVANIA

Just now, George Dixon said:

ok - I just don't remember it, certainly given my brain issues lol

I know way back in the 80s Cadets usually had about 20 more shows than BD in a given season from what I recall

My issue is BD can't win. Too many shows and we complain. Less shows and more rehearsal time and we complain.

I am sure someone somewhere was complaining when BD got in two shows at the Rose Bowl and in San Bernardino back in June before the corps performed in Detroit at the Premier for the first time. 

It's just funny how some people (not all) find and/or invent a ridiculous narrative about BD, latch onto it, convince themselves this is why BD wins, and are prepared to die on that hill looking foolish the whole time. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, DWW11 said:

I absolutely believe SCV can overtake Crown. 

You think so? I would love to see that happen as I think SCV's show is better than Crown's, but I am really struggling to see a path for that to happen. SCV hasn't really closed the gap on Crown at all and while I believe better designs will keep BD, Boston and Bloo in front of them, I think talent will keep Crown above SCV's superior design.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Well, I take that back. They swapped out Webb with Paul Smith for tonight but he's the ONLY MA judge. Interesting and surprising they didn't have Webb judge the second night (unless he was unable to).

what is wrong with DCI -- why on earth wouldn't you keep things the same? It's a rhetorical question btw, I know the answer.

• Like 2

Oh the anthem done by pit alum.  Neat 

• Like 2