Finals Week Delusional Optimism

All I want for my early Christmas gift is Troopers in the finals.  Just need one more chance to see them live in Indy

Edited by Tamborista Viejo
  • Like 6

27 minutes ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

PSA for those attending Indy: I think people should understand that they have a variety of ways to get people to move so they can rightfully take and sit in the seats they paid for. If there’s an usher for that section(there should be, especially with the event being held at an NFL stadium)talk to them and they can get people to move, it’s their job to do so. If these WOEFULLY ENTITLED people are giving the usher a hard time, they can either go to their supervisor or tell those people that they can contact security if they wanna make this a bigger issue than it really should be. At least with the kind individuals that are more self-conscious and confrontation-avoidant, they can hand off the bulk of that confrontation with the stadium staff haha

And the stadium staff will do all they can to help you if you’re nice, they’ll ask for your ticket and theirs which will be clear to them where you’re supposed to be ‘cause mobile tickets have them in bold (section blah, row blah, seat blah) I’ve worked at AT&T stadium in Arlington as an usher and the last event I went to, there were several clumps of people seating in the wrong seats in my section and some people were more argumentative than others but all I had to do was ask them for their ticket and say “you’re not in the right seat, yours is over there!” “If someone else is in your seat I’ll tell them to move too” I never had to call security at least at that time, and everyone was put in their right seat eventually. DONT GIVE UP YOUR SEAT!! TALK TO AN USHER!!

Or, you can just call The Terrieinator to go medieval on their a**es. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

On 8/7/2022 at 11:09 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK folks - Finals Week is here.

What are you hoping will happen that will make most other fans think you are delusional?

Example: Phantom overtakes Mandarins, Cavaliers, & Blue Stars for 7th place Saturday night.

You said it. That would be great! SUTA!

• Like 2

On 8/7/2022 at 11:09 AM, IllianaLancerContra said:

OK folks - Finals Week is here.

What are you hoping will happen that will make most other fans think you are delusional?

Example: Phantom overtakes Mandarins, Cavaliers, & Blue Stars for 7th place Saturday night.

And also that Boston beats out Blue Devils for the title.

• Like 2

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Did they use the same sheets in 2014 as today?

It is hard to do direct comparisons between different scoring sheets.

I think a 99 would be unlikely for anyone this year too many captions where too many corps are competitive and can take points and tenths away from whoever wins

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

PSA for those attending Indy: I think people should understand that they have a variety of ways to get people to move so they can rightfully take and sit in the seats they paid for. If there’s an usher for that section(there should be, especially with the event being held at an NFL stadium)talk to them and they can get people to move, it’s their job to do so. If these WOEFULLY ENTITLED people are giving the usher a hard time, they can either go to their supervisor or tell those people that they can contact security if they wanna make this a bigger issue than it really should be. At least with the kind individuals that are more self-conscious and confrontation-avoidant, they can hand off the bulk of that confrontation with the stadium staff haha

And the stadium staff will do all they can to help you if you’re nice, they’ll ask for your ticket and theirs which will be clear to them where you’re supposed to be ‘cause mobile tickets have them in bold (section blah, row blah, seat blah) I’ve worked at AT&T stadium in Arlington as an usher and the last event I went to, there were several clumps of people seating in the wrong seats in my section and some people were more argumentative than others but all I had to do was ask them for their ticket and say “you’re not in the right seat, yours is over there!” “If someone else is in your seat I’ll tell them to move too” I never had to call security at least at that time, and everyone was put in their right seat eventually. DONT GIVE UP YOUR SEAT!! TALK TO AN USHER!!

I'm a Manager for a theatre chain, I'll kick people out of the wrong seats on vacation for free! 

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

I think a 99 would be unlikely for anyone this year too many captions where too many corps are competitive and can take points and tenths away from whoever wins

They changed the sheets and the judging criteria after '14.  Too many people looked at those perfect scores and felt it had been a mistake.

• Like 1

Beer is a dollar at Lucas. 

Troopers surge to 11th place.

Somebody "hacks" Crown's barcode on their podiums to link to this masterpiece. 

People throw toilet paper at the end of Regiment's show

Cadets crack top 5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4