Tuesday, August 9th “DCI Open Class World Championship FINALS” Wildcat Football Stadium at Indiana Wesleyan University Marion, INDIANA

Woah, I just had a high school flashback lol. 

I was in a saxophone quintet feature up front during a show. But I missed practice due to sickness, and they forgot to tell me it was cut. So I ran up to the 50 yard line, realized I was alone, faked a solo, then went back to my hole. 

It was one of my most embarrassing moments. 😳 

Afterwards when the director stopped laughing,  he apologized that no one said anything.  🤣 

4 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Dang, how 'bout dem Cowboys? 

I know what you meant.........but as a diehard Niners fan, I had a Jimmy Johnson flashback and threw up in my mouth.

• Haha 1

Just now, Mikah said:

Are they competing as a drum and bugle corps?

International Class.  I recall having a group from, I think Taiwan (?), come one year and had woodwinds too.  

• Like 1

Calgary has a lot of talent and a really good DCI style show.  Why not turn this into a drum corps and compete in DCI WC?  They would do very well.

• Like 3

Just now, kkrepps said:

Woah, I just had a high school flashback lol. 

I was in a saxophone quintet feature up front during a show. But I missed practice due to sickness, and they forgot to tell me it was cut. So I ran up to the 50 yard line, realized I was alone, faked a solo, then went back to my hole. 

It was one of my most embarrassing moments. 😳 

Afterwards when the director stopped laughing,  he apologized that no one said anything.  🤣 

Oh man.  You lived the nightmare.

1 minute ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Does Open Class do a full retreat for scores?

They typically have.  I remember one year they did DMs only cause the show got delayed into the night.  

• Thanks 1