Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

Just now, Super Don-O said:

Garfield!

Although I know there are some old-timers who even go back to Holy Name...

Garfield alternates for me. in my head too.  

I mean... it just seems so weird to hear "the Cadets" sometimes. 

I didn't realize how much the Cadets are really moving! WOW!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It might just be pop here.  It’s pop in Chicago and soda pop in Cincinnati.  No idea about Indiana. 

I'm from Indy...we almost always called it by it's proper name. Coke, Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc. Rarely used is generic "soda".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Not a waste of time. I don’t think this segment was set up to succeed, though, if we’re being honest.

people still should at least TRY to give those kids the time of day. behavior like that drive people away from music activities and kills passion and drive. as a performer i expect MUCH better of an audience. it's like buying tickets to a how and only going when the top corps perform. it's rude and disrespectful and has no place in this activity. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ediblewaffles said:

I respectfully have to disagree. As someone previously mentioned, just watch the top bands in Texas and you WILL hear them. 

Some people haven’t and I will not say any more to that, they just haven’t either in person or otherwise

1 minute ago, snare_guy_83 said:

I'm from Indy...we almost always called it by it's proper name. Coke, Sprite, Mountain Dew, etc. Rarely used is generic "soda".

Fort Wayne here.  Pop.   Then you'd specify what pop you wanted.  I go back to the glass bottles to return to the store for your deposit and green S&H stamps days. 

Between Cadets’ track suits, Bloo’s pajamas, SCV from the past 5 years, and the loss of sleeves in general, MMs have never been more comfortable. 😂

Wish I had this option bitd instead of the 5 layers of unbreathable polyester we all used to have to wear. 

Edited by Rylan

2 minutes ago, Ashontheinternet said:

people still should at least TRY to give those kids the time of day. behavior like that drive people away from music activities and kills passion and drive. as a performer i expect MUCH better of an audience. it's like buying tickets to a how and only going when the top corps perform. it's rude and disrespectful and has no place in this activity. 

Absolutely. Everyone deserves a participation trophy!

• Like 1