Friday, August 12th “DCI World Championship SEMIFINALS” Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis, INDIANA

I liked Rodney Goodhart.  He was always a fair drum judge.

Edited by 27Socal
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

Only if Cavies tied 

Never change, Hook'em. 

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

They have a very young corps this year. BD takes these types of risks in their music book every year but they usually have a ton of experience to go along with it. Regardless, the young corps has really taken up the challenge and for the most part, they sound phenomenal and won brass last night. We really are splitting hairs when discussing the top crops 

Agreed...I've been a BD fan since they were born and they are the GOAT of the DCI game for sure. But like every corps, they have age out turnover every year. Thus it comes down to the instructors/designers if they have an excellent squad every year (which they do), yes? It is great to see them (and all the corps) push the envelope. I just hope 'coaching' doesn't cost them or any corps a title.

1 minute ago, 27Socal said:

I liked Rodney Goodhart.  He was always a fair drum judge.

Currie & Reynolds for me.

4 minutes ago, Quentin said:

I am a bass drummer with only high school experience, but how does this even happen? Also I get that it's hard but maybe then someone else should do it instead of her? Maybe it's just me, but if I was a director and a soloist was messing up for at least two weeks in a row, let alone a whole season, I would just switch them with someone else. Surely she would understand it's for the good of the group, no? 

I’m not sure that would be “for the good of the group”.  It’s interesting psychological discussion fodder but probably not consequential score wise.  And I still want to hear the beautiful rest of it, which she has long experience in playing.  

• Like 2

Just now, skevinp said:

I’m not sure that would be “for the good of the group”.  It’s interesting psychological discussion fodder but probably not consequential score wise.  And I still want to hear the beautiful rest of it, which she has long experience in playing.  

Also would require staging/drill rewrites and even small, those sorts of changes can cause a ripple effect in the show

• Like 1

Congratulations to all the corps!

• Like 3