2023 Season Predictions

14 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

OK, I quoted ChapGPT, not an article.

I've been watching anime since the 80s.  The music is varied, but most of it is instantly identifiable.

Have a great one!

I started watching anime in 1976, starting with Mazinger Z, Getta Robo...way before the Macross or Gundam ppl of your generation are used to seeing. The music in anime is varied. Identifiable may be, but highly varied in genre. God bless,

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, resipsaloquitur said:

I started watching anime in 1976, starting with Mazinger Z, Getta Robo...way before the Macross or Gundam ppl of your generation are used to seeing. The music in anime is varied. Identifiable may be, but highly varied in genre. God bless,

Too bad they Americanized Mazinger Z to Tranzor Z!

Lots of good music there.

• Like 1

BD is my favorite corps. Underestimating the remaining top 4 strikes me as unwise this year though — they’re all just too good. 

I’d be happiest if Bloo or BAC won: BAC because we need new blood in the winners circle, and Bloo because I love their current psychedelic era and would love to see one of those designs finally walk away with a title after close calls in 2019 and 2022. 

I don’t think BD winning would be boring, but I think someone else winning would be very healthy for all of us. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

TIL: saxfreq1128 is a BD hater! 

OMG!

😛

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

BD is my favorite corps. Underestimating the remaining top 4 strikes me as unwise this year though — they’re all just too good. 

I’d be happiest if Bloo or BAC won: BAC because we need new blood in the winners circle, and Bloo because I love their current psychedelic era and would love to see one of those designs finally walk away with a title after close calls in 2019 and 2022. 

I don’t think BD winning would be boring, but I think someone else winning would be very healthy for all of us. 

Well said. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

A very wise analysis 👍   I have to admit some of the predictions people are throwing around about a bunch of corps this season is pretty entertaining to say the least.  Like if a corps  beats another corps In just two face offs the season is over for the corps that lost.  lol     

Once you get into the upper echelon, I just don’t have the knowledge to differentiate who should win over who. I’ve been out of the game a long time and they’re all so #### good that what differentiates one from the other, from a points standpoint, is just hard for me to tell. (Kinda like, once it gets over 100 degrees outside, it’s hard for me to tell the difference between 105 and 110. Hot is hot.)

By that point, I’m just thinking, which I did I enjoy the most? (I would be the worst DCI judge ever.)

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, Triple Forte said:

A very wise analysis 👍   I have to admit some of the predictions people are throwing around about a bunch of corps this season is pretty entertaining to say the least.  Like if a corps  beats another corps In just two face offs the season is over for the corps that lost.  lol     

Anyone is welcome to write down my number and call me after finals if BD doesn't win. 

I hope I get a flood of calls. I'll happily eat crow and say I was wrong if Boston, Crown or Bluecoats win, especially Bluecoats. I want them to win.

These are all predictions. I think that's the fun of it. I enjoy seeing what other people think. It's fun.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 3