2023 Season Predictions

16 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

This is how it should be. I've always said they should chunk the corps into 4 in their respective area of placements and then randomize the groups as far as placement. 

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought random draws have been the norm at regionals and major shows.

2 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought random draws have been the norm at regionals and major shows.

Group of three;s draw has been the norm at shows if all three are present.  Non top twelve can't appear before a finalist corps.  Hence the draw for Ft Collins.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

For a while it was only at those TOC shows, but those do not exist anymore so I am not sure what the norm is. You may be right. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dcifanforlife said:

Group of three;s draw has been the norm at shows if all three are present.  Non top twelve can't appear before a finalist corps.  Hence the draw for Ft Collins.

But non top 12 corps can appear AFTER a finalist if it's their home show correct? 

The Rose Bowl show has been the "Home Show" for Pacific Crest. There have been some seasons (not all) where they went on last after BD. 

I believe Academy went on last after BD at the Tempe show in 2022 since it was their home show. 

6 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

For a while it was only at those TOC shows, but those do not exist anymore so I am not sure what the norm is. You may be right. 

Order of appearance is one of the few benefits from your placement at semi finals the previous year.  You are seeded or draw in a group of two or three.   You get  go on last at home show (Blue Knights= Fort Collins)   Madison sponsors three shows so they  get to go on last at all three. 

I'm pretty quiet here and don't say much about Music City.  But would you please just enjoy this moment along with me after watching my No. 1 corps being early in the show, often the first one and missing attendees who don't show up until the 2nd half of the show.  This lineup is from the Abilene, TX show.

7:30 - National Anthem

7:40 - Guardians

7:57 - Seattle Cascades

8:14 - Spirit of Atlanta

8:31 - Pacific Crest

8:48 - The Academy

9:05 - MUSIC CITY!!

9:22 - Mandarins

9:39 - The Cavaliers

10:04 - Scores announced

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I'm pretty quiet here and don't say much about Music City.  But would you please just enjoy this moment along with me after watching my No. 1 corps being early in the show, often the first one and missing attendees who don't show up until the 2nd half of the show.  This lineup is from the Abilene, TX show.

7:30 - National Anthem

7:40 - Guardians

7:57 - Seattle Cascades

8:14 - Spirit of Atlanta

8:31 - Pacific Crest

8:48 - The Academy

9:05 - MUSIC CITY!!

9:22 - Mandarins

9:39 - The Cavaliers

10:04 - Scores announced

I've been team MC since the train show. I hope they continue to grow and are next to crack the top 12. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

BD will be fine as normal

I personally expect BD to be on fire this year.

• Like 3