Boston Crusaders 2023

40 minutes ago, Tim K said:

I think they do. Personally I like what I see and at heart I’m a bring back the red and black kind of guy, so that’s saying a lot. The musician uniforms make up the color of the sea creating a backdrop and the guard tells the story. At least that’s how I see it, but no one has ever consulted me on uniform design, or any design for that matter.

37 minutes ago, fighterkit said:

It makes me sad to see the corps wearing a blue uniform, but I think they look really good and work for the show in a lot of ways. Especially the way that everything drops and hangs it reminds me of someone who drowned having sea weed stuck to them. 
Which is very thematic for a Moby Dick show. 

Though its always been in years past where guard is the big story telling prop and the hornline is background. See basically every show since 17. 

I would agree with @Tim K 

and @fighterkit about the red and black.

However, having seen the full run through (without uniforms/costumes) at Castleton Community Night, the color choice makes total sense especially after seeing the current ending.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, jameseuph said:

The guard costuming and the musicians costuming don’t make sense together. One is theatrical and one is very modern marching band. 

I think once you see the show on the field it may make more sense. At least I think it does. And I'm a traditionalist fan of the red & black.

• Like 1

The corps also had their history night tonight and had some guest speakers!

• Like 3

Love their guard so much because they do group work and it's clean - and super hard.  Not as much individual "look at me" (as I call it) dancing and high tosses which are so common in modern drum corps.  It just gets lost on the field.  

Boston is a different story and I hope they give Concord a run.  

• Like 3

I have only three words for these uniforms:

TRUE BLUE CRUSADERS!

EAT'EM UP, BOSTON!

• Like 4