Boston Crusaders 2023

On 6/22/2023 at 12:16 PM, jjeffeory said:

kay, a LOT of this show's music is more similar to Cadets 1986 than I originally realized.

I like how Boston has treated the music.

Sorry folks, I love to compare and contrast!

There was also Mandarins’ gutsy DIII winning show in 1999.

8 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

There was also Mandarins’ gutsy DIII winning show in 1999.

5:35

Quite a week for BAC.  Broke ST Tuesday and headed for a new base for the week, nearer to Boston. They had history night Tuesday night, open to corps and alums.  Wednesday was their annual Concert In the Park in downtown Boston.  Biggest fundraiser of the year, raising over $400k. This was a different CIP, showing the HYPE kids, Blessed Sac, BCCG and brass & perc.  Tuesday night the kids had the night off in the city and had all Thursday off and in the city too, with a beach visit later.  The percussion section visited Vic Firth and Zildjian headquarters, performing for them.  They have some rehearsal today and a standstill performance tonight in Hyde Park.  They corps will also visit the BAC headquarters in Hyde Park and the church of the corps roots, Most Previous Blood.  This is quite an experience for members that the org strives to offer mm’s each year.  It’s not just the grind of tour for BAC mm’s.  This week they get back at it with rehearsals at the current base, then they move to another base in Lawrence, MA for a few days to prep for the first 2 shows July 1 & 2.  The Commandants Own, has just been advertised to be at the July 2 show.

Rehearsals are open.  Ensembles are after the dinner breaks.  Usually starting at 7p.

Come see them.

• Like 5

On 6/22/2023 at 7:51 PM, saxfreq1128 said:

One of my favorite shows ever. The aggression! I’m a guard person but I love the tiny guard — it’s so extreme. 

It was completely ineffective, and thank God at that. I can't imagine how the activity would be if that tiny guard was successful from a design standpoint. I'm a guard person too and to me it didn't even seem like they had a guard that year.

• Like 1

so being on vacation i lost all track of time and most of the activity.....and realized i was amile from the park and had no idea they were there.....

UNTIL AFTER!!!

however the next day i did the Fenway tour so it mostly made up for it

9 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

so being on vacation i lost all track of time and most of the activity.....and realized i was amile from the park and had no idea they were there.....

UNTIL AFTER!!!

however the next day i did the Fenway tour so it mostly made up for it

If you are still in the area, they are too and back into daily rehearsal mode.