Boston Crusaders 2023

On 8/1/2023 at 2:04 PM, Boss Anova said:

3 consecutive practice days/ nights there. Univ. Delaware spent 60 million updating their stadium in 2018. They have an indoor practice facility there too if weather becomes hot/ humid/ rainy for Boston Crusaders practices there this week. However, the weather is good there this week I'm hearing so maybe they'll be outside there days/ nights in their outdoor stadium for their practices.

Athletics Facilities - Delaware First : Delaware First

Univ. Of Delaware !  Great facility. Perfect drum corps stadium. 2 days there. Maybe some consideration down the road for a major show....

• Like 1

The door has been left open.  Waldo smells blood.

GET IT, BOSTON!

Edited by craiga
  • Like 5

YOUVE GOT THIS BOSTON. WHAT A SHOW

THIS IS YOUR SEASON. WE'RE ALL ON YOUR SIDE

• Like 6

Another GREAT show, Boston! Stay on course, and 

MAY FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS LEAD YOU TO THE WHITE WHALE!

• Like 2

I really enjoy this year's show from BAC, but my only two quibbles are that I think the shanty songs? Portion just seems a little out of synch.  And it seems like it is there just to have the guard showcased.  They are always showcased. So the shift in tone to do this just seems a little off.  And I am still not loving the arrangement of the ballad.  You can use a French horn, so just do it.  

Otherwise, they are nails at performing what they have and I love their drill this year.  Indy is going to be a roller coaster I think.  

5 hours ago, Tony L. said:

I really enjoy this year's show from BAC, but my only two quibbles are that I think the shanty songs? Portion just seems a little out of synch.  And it seems like it is there just to have the guard showcased.  They are always showcased. So the shift in tone to do this just seems a little off.  And I am still not loving the arrangement of the ballad.  You can use a French horn, so just do it.  

Otherwise, they are nails at performing what they have and I love their drill this year.  Indy is going to be a roller coaster I think.  

The shanty section is the lighthearted representation, aligned with Melvilles story line.  He has numerous passages to convey the human side of whaling crews camaraderie while on the quest for the white whale. 

• Like 5

I'd like to raise my virtual glass in a toast to the Boston Crusaders brass and percussion, along with their spectacular guard, for their performance at Allentown was a true musical "Conquest" that will be etched in the annals of Crusader history. May their journey toward finals continue to "Inspire".  May their horns soar high above the crowd much like sea birds that circle above a ship's mast.  May the percussive and visual triumphs, be as legendary as the white whale that once haunted the dreams of Captain Ahab...

• Like 8

2 hours ago, LabMaster said:

The shanty section is the lighthearted representation, aligned with Melvilles story line.  He has numerous passages to convey the human side of whaling crews camaraderie while on the quest for the white whale. 

Yah. There is a LOT of silly in that book.