Boston Crusaders 2023

Ok, if they are going to go all in on the fabric, they should drown the captain AND the whale and make them disappear.   …Maybe even have the corps ‘swallow them up’.  That would be more true to the story and a satisfying ending.  I absolutely can not wait to see how this all ends up.  Either way, the 2023 Crusaders have made me a happy man!  

27 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Yah. There is a LOT of silly in that book. 

I really thought that section lagged all season.  But, in Lawrence, I got it!  They were selling it.  And, I love it now.  (And I would add two more horns to the sea shanty trio).

9 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

Ok, if they are going to go all in on the fabric, they should drown the captain AND the whale and make them disappear.   …Maybe even have the corps ‘swallow them up’.  That would be more true to the story and a satisfying ending.  I absolutely can not wait to see how this all ends up.  Either way, the 2023 Crusaders have made me a happy man!  

Dang this is a great idea, a reset of the classic Phantom of the Opera disappearing corps! That would almost be on par with killing the drum major!

14 minutes ago, Buckeye said:

I really thought that section lagged all season.  But, in Lawrence, I got it!  They were selling it.  And, I love it now.  (And I would add two more horns to the sea shanty trio).

They did some musical changes and sonic things like the grunt recently I caught during Allentown I hadn’t before. It flows much better

There is so much to like in this year's 2023 Boston Crusaders show, imo. Its packed with so much taking place from the opening wonderful fluegelhorn solo that opens the show, all the way to the combined music/ visual closer. I swear, every time I watch their show, I see something I had not seen before. I just recently noticed, for just one example, the Celtic drum ( a " bodhran " ) utilized in their show for the sea shanty musical jig by the front ensemble.  There is so much taking place in the 12 minute extravaganza, especially with the visuals/ guard. it really does take multiple viewers ( preferably live ) to appreciate all the detail, substance, etc, and the various things simultaneously taking place throughout their show. They have added so much to this show from the opening week. Last night, I did not see/ hear them live, but caught them on Flo, and I thought they were fantastic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

I’m at the Boston rehearsal here in Erie today! I’ve heard some little changes are going in.

Some serious East Coast drum corps badassery happening in that town over the next few days...

• Like 4

For BAC fans....just got a call from "SuperSaderFan"....he was with them at the show last night and will remain with them through Finals night.

Forty five years of passion and fire which he alone is able to share with the members. 

THE  Giant is in the house!

Iykyk....

• Like 6