Boston Crusaders 2023

Are the wildfires affecting the air quality in Maine?

News report shows that New York and Detroit have bad air quality because of the fires, so if they're in Quebec, that'd mean bad air in Maine too.

4 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

News report shows that New York and Detroit have bad air quality because of the fires, so if they're in Quebec, that'd mean bad air in Maine too.

If, again if, the map on my phone is accurate, it appears to be hitting NY, NJ, and PA the worst. Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont look okay. 

• Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

From a friend at Castleton. 
it was a little bad yesterday but pretty clear today. They’re lucky they’re in he mountains which can shield them from the smoke

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yes....You answered your question.  ( Boston Crusaders practice in Castleton, Vermont, and are seemingly adjusting well )

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1

Actually, Maine, New Hampshire and most of Vermont have been under the influence of a cold weather Omega Block for the past five days.  This has resulted in cold, showery weather BUT has also kept most of the smoke and poor air quality to our west. And, the fact that Castleton is nestled up in the Green Mountains has also helped. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, craiga said:

Yes, the update from Corps Director Chris Holland earlier today was exciting.  Especially so if you know Chris, who never hypes anything.  Ever.  I think BAC is poised for another historic year.  Can't wait for a week from Friday to go see them again!

Its nice to have learned that the Corps has the entire music and drill on the field finished at preseason camp and now commence the layering there at their camp to their 2023 show production. 👍

• Like 2

Good to hear they’re missing a lot of the smoke from the wildfires. 

On a non-drum corps related note, I’m heading to Boston the week of July 10th with family. Any lunch/dinner recommendations? I’ve not been there since 2017 and there are plenty of places I haven’t been yet. DM’s are open. Thx!

5 hours ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Good to hear they’re missing a lot of the smoke from the wildfires. 

On a non-drum corps related note, I’m heading to Boston the week of July 10th with family. Any lunch/dinner recommendations? I’ve not been there since 2017 and there are plenty of places I haven’t been yet. DM’s are open. Thx!

Where to begin.. haha.... If you like seafood, there are lots of good ones to choose from." Boston Sea Loft" I could recommend.  Enjoy your visit !

• Like 1