Carolina Crown 2023

On 6/19/2023 at 1:54 AM, Grandpa Joe said:

No worries, I've even brushed up on my old English. It's been a few centuries since I've used it, had to brush off some old manuscripts. 16 centuries worth of dust is bad for the allergies.

You and Granny Smith!  She may be a lot old for you, but you'd have fun talking....  As long as you like the Troopers!

2 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

You and Granny Smith!  She may be a lot old for you, but you'd have fun talking....  As long as you like the Troopers!

I knew the Troopers back when they were a singular Trooper. Many, many years ago. Back in my day we called them "rídere", which loosely translates to "rider" or "knight" in Old English.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seeing this picture on Facebook today really brought up some emotions. I love that they're preserving their history so well. I know we seen these on the field in 2021, but seeing them again was great nostalgia and I thought I'd share it with others who might appreciate it.

355463278_654633130035191_24886903871623

• Like 7

21 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

Seeing this picture on Facebook today really brought up some emotions. I love that they're preserving their history so well. I know we seen these on the field in 2021, but seeing them again was great nostalgia and I thought I'd share it with others who might appreciate it.

355463278_654633130035191_24886903871623

The original "chef's jacket" was not double breasted like this one was in the display, but it's in the ballpark. I don't imagine any of the field-used jackets are left. We were lucky that they were so lightweight, when compared with the heavier, "traditional" corps uniforms that were still in use at the time.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GBugler said:

The original "chef's jacket" was not double breasted like this one was in the display, but it's in the ballpark. I don't imagine any of the field-used jackets are left. We were lucky that they were so lightweight, when compared with the heavier, "traditional" corps uniforms that were still in use at the time.

I honestly never thought about them looking like chef's jackets until now. I'll never be able to look at them the same again.

On 6/21/2023 at 12:27 AM, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I can't wait for the lacrimosa closer. That is without a doubt going to have people on their feet if they arrange it right. 

Yes, Boston Crusaders played Lacrimosa last season and it was a big hit with audiences in the 2nd half of their show in tandem with the visuals/ guard. So if coordinated right, it can work well for Crown too this season, imo. 👍

Edited by Boss Anova
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes, Boston Crusaders played Lacrimosa last season and it was a big hit with audiences in the 2nd half of their show in tandem with the visuals/ guard. So if coordinated right, it can work well for Crown too this season, imo. 👍

Yep. That’s vid from NightBEAT. BC managed [obviously] to get their run in before the elements conspired to deprive us of Crown😞.

That said, strong BC performance and that moment certainly stood out.

Edited by nsxanax
  • Like 2

This might just be me but their sound reminds me of 2009 and 2017. Little bits from 15 and 16 as well. I really like the show so much more than last years. I don't want to make any predictions because last year I thought they'd medal and was wrong...if they'd have just cleaned the visuals...no..just beating a dead horse there...this show seems certainly one they could use to propel them to a medal...but that doesn't matter. I'm just so excited to see where they'll take this show. 

• Like 2

Excited to see where they take this, really like what I’ve seen and heard so far. Better overall design than some of their more recent show offerings. Also forgot how much I missed MJ/Shah’s arrangements… BK had some of my favorite percussion writing under them…and they don’t disappoint here either.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 5