Carolina Crown 2023

i was just talking in the big show thread about ge moments and how a bunch of corps are getting closer and closer to really hitting them.  

crown has several, but the one i'm really looking forward to is when the brass, front ensemble, and battery are bouncing triplet phrases off each other in the middle of the show.  it just feels a bit uncertain right now, but i'm telling you, that is going to be pretty rad pretty soon.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

The scores had been so close among 2-4 that it was bound to happen! Congrats Crown! 

Also where is Gramps, i leave for a weekend and all hell breaks loose around here 

I think people forget that a point lead overall isn't much at all. It's literally just a single tenth of a point in every sub caption (little different in a full panel). Boston, Bluecoats, and Crown have been basically a coin toss all season and they can go in any order on any given night. Also means BD could be caught (but let's be real, they won't). Just because Crown won tonight, doesn't mean they are now favorites the next time either and that Boston is now in the rearview mirror. Not at all.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Lance said:

i was just talking in the big show thread about ge moments and how a bunch of corps are getting closer and closer to really hitting them.  

crown has several, but the one i'm really looking forward to is when the brass, front ensemble, and battery are bouncing triplet phrases off each other in the middle of the show.  it just feels a bit uncertain right now, but i'm telling you, that is going to be pretty rad pretty soon.  

That would fit the love triangle aspect.

• Like 1

If they can win with that brass performance then there’s hope!!   Because I know they will clean up the mistakes I heard tonight.  Maybe the heat was affecting them, anyway whatever it is they have a lot more room to grow in proficiency than BAC has.   Same with GE, it’s starting to grow and by making some tweaks, they have more upside potential than BAC .   

• Like 1

It's hard not to get excited seeing the outcome of tonight's scores. But BAC, Crown, and Bloo are so close at this point its easy to see each corps take the top spot(not counting BD) for the next few shows. I think we're past mid-season so it's going to come down to cleanliness and GE in the end.

In terms of GE, Crown has the most potential while BAC will spend most of their time left cleaning. I'm not sure about Bloo. I like them the least of the three. They've been good at cleaning and Ge recently. With this kind of show I'm not sure how you would go about adding more ge...

What's everyone's thoughts on that? GE carries the most weight yet that didn't work out for Crown in 2015 or Bloo in 2019.

I think it’s safe to say perc got low balled in San Antonio.. given the scores before and after that event. 
Glad I have tickets to SE and NB .. gonna  be a fun weekend.  
And I never give up on Crown .. regardless of placement. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

It's hard not to get excited seeing the outcome of tonight's scores. But BAC, Crown, and Bloo are so close at this point its easy to see each corps take the top spot(not counting BD) for the next few shows. I think we're past mid-season so it's going to come down to cleanliness and GE in the end.

In terms of GE, Crown has the most potential while BAC will spend most of their time left cleaning. I'm not sure about Bloo. I like them the least of the three. They've been good at cleaning and Ge recently. With this kind of show I'm not sure how you would go about adding more ge...

What's everyone's thoughts on that? GE carries the most weight yet that didn't work out for Crown in 2015 or Bloo in 2019.

Bloo is crafty and not afraid to make changes .. they polished the turd last year and got it to 2nd so never say never with them. BAC .. hard to say .. but like Crown everything has to be almost perfect (which it has been) to get there.  Honestly I would have held back on the big flyover ending until this weekend. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, WildcatMello said:

It’s pretty different between all 3 corps to me. Bluecoats have the best visual program of the 3 (only behind BD overall in my opinion) but their execution isn’t there with it yet. Crown has the best musical program of the 3 and is executing the best out of the weakest visual program. Boston has a solid visual and musical program too so even though they won’t win either caption (music is their best shot), they’re going to be right on the heels of the others enough to nullify their advantages. Same applies to GE. The visual judges on GE are rewarding Bluecoats and the music ones are rewarding Crown. So who knows what’ll happen when all 3 get clean.

57 minutes ago, BWise said:

I think it’s safe to say perc got low balled in San Antonio.. given the scores before and after that event. 
Glad I have tickets to SE and NB .. gonna  be a fun weekend.  
And I never give up on Crown .. regardless of placement. 

I’m not sure I would call it low balled but I do think the numbers were misleading a bit. And that’s not specific to just Crown but all the lines. I think number management came into play as there are just so many good lines this year. I would be very curious to see Brooks score just 2 of those top groups head to head and see then what the spread would be. I think that’ll be a more accurate look at the true spread is in his eyes when he doesn’t have to worry about fitting another 6 or 7 lines in there. Either way, you would be crazy to not be thinking that this is Cavaliers’ Sanford to lose…

• Like 1

myeyes-wat.gif

When you wake up and check the scores from last night. LOL. 😃

• Haha 4