Staff Merry-go-round

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

I never saw them. Was it a seriously designed show?

Look, I have no insider knowledge of the Cavies, SCV, or Crown.  It just seems to me to be logical and look back on some corps' decisions in 2021 to not put forth a serious show....I just think it is possible that there are some chickens coming home to roost.

• Like 2

Just now, craiga said:

Look, I have no insider knowledge of the Cavies, SCV, or Crown.  It just seems to me to be logical and look back on some corps' decisions in 2021 to not put forth a serious show....I just think it is possible that there are some chickens coming home to roost.

Oh...I totally agree with that statement! Said the same to my wife last night during the show. I just saw you include Cavaliers for not touring like Crown, SCV, BD, etc. and wanted to note that they did indeed tour. No more no less...I'll leave it to the thread todecide how serious the design was... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Oh...I totally agree with that statement! Said the same to my wife last night during the show. I just saw you include Cavaliers for not touring like Crown, SCV, BD, etc. and wanted to note that they did indeed tour. No more no less...I'll leave it to the thread todecide how serious the design was... 

I just watched the video. I'm not going to comment except to say nobody on the Cavies organization should have been surprised they had the smallest guard in 2022, after seeing that they only had 18 boys out there in 2021. They should have seen that coming a mile away.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, craiga said:

I just watched the video. I'm not going to comment except to say nobody on the Cavies organization should have been surprised they had the smallest guard in 2022, after seeing that they only had 18 boys out there in 2021. They should have seen that coming a mile away.

As a FMM parent and a fan for a couple of decades,I did notice in the Spring that they were still recruiting guard and it concerned me. 

31 minutes ago, craiga said:

Something just occurred to me....except for BD, who almost always finds a way to win,  it seems like the corps who chose to field a "real" show in 2021 (BAC, BLOO, CADETS, PHANTOM,  ET AL) all had very successful seasons in 2022.  The corps who did not tour last year however (Crown, SCV, Cavies, etal) seemed to lose ground.  Perhaps rather than blaming designers and staff, some of these corps directors' own decision making should be called into question...

If Crown earning 4th is “losing ground,” I know lots of lower-finalist or non-finalist corps who would LOVE to lose ground like that. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

16 minutes ago, craiga said:

I don't know whose role it is to recruit, but it doesn't seem like it would be one of the big roles of those who announced their departure today. 

Now, if it's a bigger "flawed designs over the years have led fewer students to want to try out," then that makes sense.