Staff Merry-go-round

30 minutes ago, craiga said:

I see no way the BOD would do anything to drive these folks away.   As a matter of fact, the Boston BOD and the names you mentioned are quite close.   

And they are actually starting to put next year’s show together already.  I don’t think anyone is going anywhere unless it is entirely of their own volition.  Keep a good thing going.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, ftwdrummer said:

So I see now. Wasn't sure which thread this was.

Wonder if this means Hinshaw out as well. And wonder who that means coming in instead. (Still holding out hope for Weber, but that is speculation.)

Hinshaw out per his Facebook.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, jamesb said:

Hinshaw out per his Facebook.

Geoff Longo and Blake Dutton also out. Not confirmed, but wouldn't be surprised to see Jennifer Hinshaw also out given both her husband and all other visual/choreography designers are out.

So that makes R. Hinshaw, Wiles, McGrath, Longo, Allen, and Dutton (tbd on J. Hinshaw?). That's 6 (possibly 7) of 10 people on the design team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jjeffeory said:

I feel the opposite. It was definitely a design issue rather than a performer issue, 

The content/rep numbers all season would support that belief. The members can only perform what they've been given. and this year, the weak thematic elements along with the disjointed structure of the show conspired against them doing much better than they did (though the judges last night might have been a little harsher on the numbers than was justified).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slingerland said:

The content/rep numbers all season would support that belief. The members can only perform what they've been given. and this year, the weak thematic elements along with the disjointed structure of the show conspired against them doing much better than they did (though the judges last night might have been a little harsher on the numbers than was justified).

I hope they land on their feet!

There are certainly talented people around to help if they're treated right.

I don't know any details, but I wish everyone well.

3 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

This Cavies upheaval seems like a mistake to me. That team designed four top six shows in their four years prior to this, including 4th and a 5th place banger in 2019. Cavies were a mess prior to their arrival.

There was also some involvement there with 2012, 2013, and 2015 depending on which person we're talking about. It's just all over the place over the past 10 years.

I have no idea when is a good time to switch things up, and let's be honest here...

None of us know who decided to leave on their own and who was canned. We also don't know what happened.

I'll be the first to admit to armchair quarterbacking, but the last 10 years have been all over the place for the Cavaliers.

11 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

This Cavies upheaval seems like a mistake to me. That team designed four top six shows in their four years prior to this, including 4th and a 5th place banger in 2019. Cavies were a mess prior to their arrival.

I believe the Cavaliers have always been limited by their design when trying to reclaim their status as one of the best. Not only could you blame this but the unfortunate circumstances of having 80 ageouts in 2021. Lets also consider that almost 120 vets were returning from 2019 into 2020. From what I heard, the idea instilled by their instructional staff was to have a “3 year program” starting in 2018 that could place them back into medal contention which was shaken up by the pandemic.

I will add the show/musical selections they were cooking up in 2020 was one that would have definitely garnered them a spot in the top 3 but of course, take that with a grain of salt.

Edited by jamesb
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, craiga said:

I see no way the BOD would do anything to drive these folks away.   As a matter of fact, the Boston BOD and the names you mentioned are quite close.   

I would agree....but we've ALL seen a corps work out getting close to the top and then seek some magic formula to win rather than staying with what's BEEN working and continuing to develop that.

2 minutes ago, jamesb said:

I believe the Cavaliers have always been limited by their design when trying to reclaim their status as one of the best. Not only could you blame this but the unfortunate circumstances of having 80 ageouts in 2021. Lets also consider that almost 120 vets were returning from 2019 into 2020. From what I heard, the idea instilled by their instructional staff was to have a “3 year program” that could place them back into medal contention which was shaken up by the pandemic.

I hope Signs of the Times wasn’t the show they had planned in 2020 to help them compete for a medal. They would’ve been highly disappointed.

• Like 2