Madison Scouts 2023

2 hours ago, Gantang said:

It is impossible for a co-ed madison scouts to have the same identity as THE Madison Scouts. Masculine only works with guys. Pulling the brim of the aussie down so that no one can see your eyes was bad arse and was something Madison was known for. Here in lies the rub.

If you make an honest effort to describe their identity without using gender-based terms, you might end up with a solid, accurate list of adjectives that we should now understand are not exclusive to males.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, kdaddy said:

You read Chris's post and this is how you chose to respond? These are your takeaways? 

#toxic

Chris H is an avid support of Chris K and the leadership at Madison. I would take what he says with the smallest grain of salt.

What about Mason? Mason got the Scouts back into the top 8 in 2015 for the first time since 2005. I know he was not with Madison in 2015, but the foundations he laid paved the way to that 8th place finish. Mason had a proven track record of success. He was the best thing to happen to Madison in decades. If he were here and Chris K out, I have no doubt Madison would be a much for successful corps.

NOTHING is going to change at Madison until the Board and Chris are axed. But, that is never going to happen.

Ask yourself why board meetings are closed? It’s because it’s a fascist dictatorship and criticism ist verboten!

Edited by Vuitton

4 hours ago, Gantang said:

It is impossible for a co-ed madison scouts to have the same identity as THE Madison Scouts. Masculine only works with guys. Pulling the brim of the aussie down so that no one can see your eyes was bad arse and was something Madison was known for. Here in lies the rub.

I always agree with you, but I am going to have to sort of disagree with you here.

I don’t think the Scouts need a masculine identity to be the Scouts. While I agree the masculine identity is gone, they can still keep the core essential Madison identity - great shows that are well designed and entertaining. We aren’t getting any of that with this administration.

When I marched the Blue Devils, Santa Clara Vanguard and Garfield Cadets all had females amongst their ranks and they were terrifying as ####. I know that’s not quite what you are getting at, but you knew they were just going to whoop your ###.

I’m all about inclusivity, but this move had nothing to do with being inclusive. It was a move by a desperate leadership to try and increase the talent pool. It would have been a good move if they actually had people (other than Boerma) who knew what they were doing. The idea was good, but it was founded on a lie - they should have just said, “we need to open up the talent pool.”

2 hours ago, Vuitton said:

Chris H is an avid support of Chris K and the leadership at Madison. I would take what he says with the smallest grain of salt.

What about Mason? Mason got the Scouts back into the top 8 in 2015 for the first time since 2005. I know he was not with Madison in 2015, but the foundations he laid paved the way to that 8th place finish. Mason had a proven track record of success. He was the best thing to happen to Madison in decades. If he were here and Chris K out, I have no doubt Madison would be a much for successful corps.

NOTHING is going to change at Madison until the Board and Chris are axed. But, that is never going to happen.

Ask yourself why board meetings are closed? It’s because it’s a fascist dictatorship and criticism ist verboten!

I bring a pinch of salt to every viewing of the Madison thread. If Chris's is a voice that can't be trusted, there plenty of voices on the other side that I trust far less. My bigger point was there was a lot of content in Chris's post, and Hockeyperson chose to key in on one thing and spew vitriol. 

I agree that if Mason were around today, they'd be in far better shape. Komnick got it right with Mason and the KC Michel group that followed, and it would seem that he hasn't for the other years. On paper, the current group is a step in the right direction, but it certainly hasn't worked out yet. 

I have zero answers and don't pretend to. But when I peek in on this thread periodically, I'm not surprised to hear about toxicity in the Madison alumni group. 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, kdaddy said:

I bring a pinch of salt to every viewing of the Madison thread. If Chris's is a voice that can't be trusted, there plenty of voices on the other side that I trust far less. My bigger point was there was a lot of content in Chris's post, and Hockeyperson chose to key in on one thing and spew vitriol. 

Well aren’t you an angry one.  I chose to let your previous ad hominem attack go but you chose to do it again.  My read of his post was that he is claiming that Mr. Stewart is the cause of todays problems, 21 years later. And I asked, is this what you’re saying?  Because I could be misinterpreting. All it would take was a - no that’s not what I’m saying. Or - yes that’s what I’m saying. But instead we get the very vitriol of which you accuse me. 
#toxic indeed. 

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Well aren’t you an angry one.  I chose to let your previous ad hominem attack go but you chose to do it again.  My read of his post was that he is claiming that Mr. Stewart is the cause of todays problems, 21 years later. And I asked, is this what you’re saying?  Because I could be misinterpreting. All it would take was a - no that’s not what I’m saying. Or - yes that’s what I’m saying. But instead we get the very vitriol of which you accuse me. 
#toxic indeed. 

Right. "I'm just asking questions."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, skevinp said:

If you make an honest effort to describe their identity without using gender-based terms, you might end up with a solid, accurate list of adjectives that we should now understand are not exclusive to males.  

That's pretty unfair.  People are allowed to post without cowering to gender censor.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

I agree that if Mason were around today, they'd be in far better shape. Komnick got it right with Mason and the KC Michel group that followed, and it would seem that he hasn't for the other years. On paper, the current group is a step in the right direction, but it certainly hasn't worked out yet. 

I have zero answers and don't pretend to. But when I peek in on this thread periodically, I'm not surprised to hear about toxicity in the Madison alumni group. 

Fair enough. 

I hate the word toxicity. I understand why were are being labelled toxic, but in my eyes we are hurt, sad and angry. I honestly feel like it’s a break up in some weird way. I like someone I loved and trusted (the entire organization) turned out not to be the person I thought they were.

Chris K did this when he started the war with the alumni back in 2017 and had the Facebook alumni page shut down under threat of legal action. Is that really a good move when you have a massive alumni base that support you?

And people will say that was over a toxic environment. There were a few, of course, the majority was just questioning the design and direction of the 2017 show, or maybe 2018, or both, I don’t remember. I just know it was 2017 or 2018.

Edited by Vuitton
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Gantang said:

This spurred synapses like nothing in the 80 pages of this thread.

Blue Devils have had the same identity since 1976. Cavies have had the same identity since forever. Phantom has had the same identity ...you get my point.

THE Madison Scouts had an identity that wavered a bit but never waned until the addition of girls. DO NOT STOP READING HERE AND START BLASTING ME!

I in fact stopped reading there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1