An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

1 hour ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You are showing your northeasterness.  In grad school I spent many days in south Louisiana rice fields, pastures, etc.  90+ degrees, 95% humidity, and no wind.   At least Texas has wind. 

Lol was in Sicily in August. Overheard the following from two (American) servicemen.

”Just found out its 105 degrees “

(sarcastic tone) “yeah but it’s a dry heat”

”(expletive deleted)”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Idea inspired by the DCI schedule thread.  
As there are 2 domed stadiums (San Antonio & St Louis) that lack NFL teams, perhaps DCI could get a good deal on owning their own stadium. It could then be modified into the perfect marching performance venue (optimize acoustics, logistics facilities etc).  Probably has enough office space for DCI as well.  Off season could host marching bands, concerts etc.  😎

San Antonio has a football occupant for college

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

You are showing your northeasterness.  In grad school I spent many days in south Louisiana rice fields, pastures, etc.  90+ degrees, 95% humidity, and no wind.   At least Texas has wind. 

Despite being the jerk he was, Ron Hardin was right about the leg of tour after Texas and before finals. He called it the dog days of summer for that very reason: no wind. The dirty south was always like marching in an armpit... and the worst of it was Alabama for me. Way tougher than anything my home state of Texas threw at us (besides Houston, very similar to LA.)

I'm zonked out that SC's first show appears to be July 7? Is that right? I'd'a loved that amount of pre tour time. What a blessing.

6 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

Despite being the jerk he was, Ron Hardin was right about the leg of tour after Texas and before finals. He called it the dog days of summer for that very reason: no wind. The dirty south was always like marching in an armpit... and the worst of it was Alabama for me. Way tougher than anything my home state of Texas threw at us (besides Houston, very similar to LA.)

I'm zonked out that SC's first show appears to be July 7? Is that right? I'd'a loved that amount of pre tour time. What a blessing.

In the southeast LA can refer to the Florida panhandle- aka Lower Alabama 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

San Antonio has a football occupant for college

Does UTSA sell tickets at $150 each (which is what the Internet says is average price for an NFL ticket)?   Stubhub has tickets for tomorrow’s game at $25.  UTSA isn’t bringing in anything like the revenue a NFL team would.  

8 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Does UTSA sell tickets at $150 each (which is what the Internet says is average price for an NFL ticket)?   Stubhub has tickets for tomorrow’s game at $25.  UTSA isn’t bringing in anything like the revenue a NFL team would.  

And the nfl has ignored San Antonio for decades

10 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

And the nfl has ignored San Antonio for decades

I think that closest NFL came was after Hurricane Katrina; Saints played several games in Alamodome.  Saints owner at time Tom Benson had several large car dealerships in San Antonio.  I think his wife (current owner Gayle Benson) put the kibosh on moving out of New Orleans- she has very deep roots there. 

13 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

I think that closest NFL came was after Hurricane Katrina; Saints played several games in Alamodome.  Saints owner at time Tom Benson had several large car dealerships in San Antonio.  I think his wife (current owner Gayle Benson) put the kibosh on moving out of New Orleans- she has very deep roots there. 

the money is in New Orleans. San Antonio is not a big enough tv market for the NFL and would cut into Dallas and Houston, and the NFL can't have that

20 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

the money is in New Orleans. San Antonio is not a big enough tv market for the NFL and would cut into Dallas and Houston, and the NFL can't have that

San Antonio is a huge market, bigger than Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, and many other markets.

SAN ANTONIO DMA is number 31 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2022, TV Household population of 938,660 and an average income $50,166 and a median income $50,960.

New Orleans pales in comparison. 

The New Orleans DMA is comprised of 22 counties.

20 in Louisiana, 2 in Mississippi.

NEW ORLEANS DMA is number 50 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2022, TV Household population of 641,620 and an average income $47,138 and a median income $48,643.

https://www.mediamarketmap.com/market-map/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

San Antonio is a huge market, bigger than Cleveland, Cincy, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, New Orleans, and many other markets.

SAN ANTONIO DMA is number 31 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2022, TV Household population of 938,660 and an average income $50,166 and a median income $50,960.

New Orleans pales in comparison. 

The New Orleans DMA is comprised of 22 counties.

20 in Louisiana, 2 in Mississippi.

NEW ORLEANS DMA is number 50 Designated Market Area in United States, as ranked by Nielsen as of 2022, TV Household population of 641,620 and an average income $47,138 and a median income $48,643.

https://www.mediamarketmap.com/market-map/

the NFL deems it not to be.