An HOUR to get into Lucas Oil Stadium????

16 hours ago, Vidal28Rdg said:

That is good to know! I don’t know much about how DCI staffs their marquee events, especially at an NFL stadium like Lucas Oil so that’s what I wanna know more about. I’m of the opinion that it is also mainly on Lucas Oil stadium event staff operators to be more on point as they know this event is on the calendar in august every year for the foreseeable future, in whatever extent they’re involved in

Allentown is a well oiled machine, because the DCI East committee has been at it for 40+ years. they dig deep into the local region for volunteers, and i have been seeing the same faces for years now. But not every facility/host has that group in place. But the DCI office is pretty bare bones, which is to keep costs down so the corps make more

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, wolfgang said:

Fwiw, I didn't hear of any ticket/line issues at BOA last weekend.

The long lines, bad on Friday, far worse on Saturday, were a blemish on DCI. We never heard a satisfactory answer to whether it was poor planning on the part of DCI or understaffing at Lucas Oil. Looking back now and considering the concession stand issues, I’m thinking it is more a Lucas Oil issue. That being said, a good number of people who attend DCI finals also go to Grand Nationals. My guess, if it is a LOS issue, the folks at DCI called their neighbors and colleagues at BOA and both put the pressure on LOS to do a better job. If it was a DCI issue, BOA probably learned from their mistakes.

• Like 2

On 11/17/2022 at 8:02 AM, cixelsyd said:

What was the crowd size for finals?

Very big

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 6:09 AM, wolfgang said:

Fwiw, I didn't hear of any ticket/line issues at BOA last weekend.

I don't know why but for prelims (and maybe semis?), only the east side gate was open. I think it was to force people to walk through the maze of booths.

Saturday for Finals I walked right through the North entrance about 20 minutes before the show with zero issues.

Surprising to see this topic still going.  I was actually in Indy this weekend for a conference my wife was attending.  We were able to score last minute tix to the Colts-Eagles game.  Stadium was full but talk about proficiency.  All gates seemed to be open, and you could even get in from the convention center, under the road.  It took us less than 3 minutes to get in.  Even crowd movement in the concourses was as efficient with a full stadium of about 67,000 people.  As all the vendors were open, you did not have to wait long at all for food, drinks and snacks.  It was an enjoyable experience for sure.  

I feel this is more a DCI thing, skimping on proper planning to have enough workers, entrances and vendors open.  Maybe Lucas Oil does not see it as a priority in terms of staffing but for about 1/3 the size of a normal game, drum corps fans definitely get shortchanged with the amount of help that was noticeable and available this past Sunday.  

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 4:08 PM, Whiskey said:

Surprising to see this topic still going.  I was actually in Indy this weekend for a conference my wife was attending.  We were able to score last minute tix to the Colts-Eagles game.  Stadium was full but talk about proficiency.  All gates seemed to be open, and you could even get in from the convention center, under the road.  It took us less than 3 minutes to get in.  Even crowd movement in the concourses was as efficient with a full stadium of about 67,000 people.  As all the vendors were open, you did not have to wait long at all for food, drinks and snacks.  It was an enjoyable experience for sure.  

I feel this is more a DCI thing, skimping on proper planning to have enough workers, entrances and vendors open.  Maybe Lucas Oil does not see it as a priority in terms of staffing but for about 1/3 the size of a normal game, drum corps fans definitely get shortchanged with the amount of help that was noticeable and available this past Sunday.  

It was the same when my relatives went to the Def Leppard concert the Wednesday after DCI finals.  Easy Peasy entry and lots of concessions.  

• Like 1