Dome Shows

2 hours ago, Sutasaurus said:

Shriners are legendary party people.

In that case, I hope you are one of us, and consider this YOUR official invite for next year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

It’s that smooth warm blanket of Bulliet rye.  It makes all the difference in the world. 

I agree. And I can almost hear Chris Stapleton singing now.........Smooth.......Indiana Whiskey                                                           I think that is how it goes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, jaylogan said:

I would absolutely pay more to be sure there was a show. I usually fly into Atlanta for the the assurance and comfort of the domed show, and I’ve also flown to Indianapolis for finals week.

I’m not inclined to waste money and time for a high possibility of a rainout, no matter how “storied” the venue is.

i'm not inclined to add several hours/days travel and cost. call me spoiled or entitled, but in my region, the only weekend show with a less than 2 hours drive is Allentown. thats my chance to see DCI live. weeknights don't work when you have to drive to South Jersey or Annapolis, and that plus the new DE show is it for around here. 30 years ago i got 10 dci shows over the course of the season, and many I could make on a weeknight.

i'll take the chance of a rainout at a venue i can commute to daily if need be. the continuing shift to push everything midwest is eliminating a lot of fans

Edited by Jeff Ream
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

i'm not inclined to add several hours/days travel and cost. call me spoiled or entitled, but in my region, the only weekend show with a less than 2 hours drive is Allentown. thats my chance to see DCI live. weeknights don't work when you have to drive to South Jersey or Annapolis, and that plus the new DE show is it for around here. 30 years ago i got 10 dci shows over the course of the season, and many I could make on a weeknight.

i'll take the chance of a rainout at a venue i can commute to daily if need be. the continuing shift to push everything midwest is eliminating a lot of fans

Jeff-why don't you consider coming out to Indy next year. I have a 50 yd. line seat for you and I guarantee you will recognize some Friends sitting with you.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

My region is Florida and I stopped going to shows here because of the weather. It’s a better use of my money to travel to ATL. Not saying they should give up on Florida or outdoor shows, just saying I’m not going to one unless I have good odds that I’m not going to waste my money on a rained out show.

9 hours ago, Ashontheinternet said:

i would like to have keep big time performances here not just for me but the people who support me. i think it would be unfair to make people have to watch online or fly to some other place to watch the Corps perform because they have no home show. i just am not a fan of the idea of removing that. not to mention but Corps Encore often sells well due to the existence of Btal and the big name Corps that perform there, but because the stadium is not a dome, it would likely be skipped in this hypothetical. if i remember right DCI has a contract with WSU to perform there and rent all of the space, so it seems very pointless to remove this and shows similar.

I understand there are contractual obligations & such, plus the need for each Corps to host a 'home' show.  

The OP was putting out an idea to 'spice-up' the DCI Tour, by using as many domed stadiums as possible.  We all know that this isn't likely anytime soon.

Now - stop playing on the internet & practice for your audition.

11 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I won't call you spoiled or entitled.

I'll just call you lucky to live with a 2-hr drive of the "DCI Tour Rut" (same locations every year in the same order).

I am not so lucky (from a DCI-tour standpoint)  

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Stupid autocorrect

I know it’s about shows being rained out and the heat. But there’s something special about going to watch a drum corps show in a crappy high school stadium. At least to me

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Trumpet2 said:

I know it’s about shows being rained out and the heat. But there’s something special about going to watch a drum corps show in a crappy high school stadium. At least to me

It was nice to watch the show outdoors at St. Xavier in Cincinnati.  We were lucky that we had beautiful weather.