Donating towards member dues?

In the past we donated to help some members with their dues. Some we picked from what we read on DCP and (yes) RAMD. Some we picked from others recommendations (staff IIRC).
Only problem was when a certain corps had a process to go through. They didn’t follow their own procedures but not on the field for other reasons.

So for 2023 planning. How would one find out about members who need help with dues. And not talking about members sending my requests and don’t know if they NEED the help or not.

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 2

I imagine many (most?) corps have a donation link on their websites. I know, for example, that the Mandarins’ donation form allows you specify the purpose of your donation. One of the options is for the Scholarship Fund, which helps offset the fees for scholarship-winning members.

3 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

This what we did: We contacted the corps (Bluecoats in our case) and said we wanted to donate to a member who was economically underserved. They identified the member in need.  It worked well for us. 

That is freaking awesome! Job well done brother. 

If DCP had a Poster of the Month, you would get my vote. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

This what we did: We contacted the corps (Bluecoats in our case) and said we wanted to donate to a member who was economically underserved. They identified the member in need.  It worked well for us. 

Q: Where would one start for Bluecoats scholarships / sponsorships?

A: https://bluecoats.com/give/scholarships

i have reached out to corps also. i have also just given money directly to the student.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, mingusmonk said:

Q: Where would one start for Bluecoats scholarships / sponsorships?

A: https://bluecoats.com/give/scholarships

Very true. In our case, we purposely wanted to sponsor an individual, not a fund. 

• Like 5

Also can start in the same place.

As it says, email give@bluecoats.com to get information on specific needs. 

Then when you have a name and verified info, "If you are trying to sponsor a specific participant, please visit this link"

Then you would specify the name and dollar amount in that Sponsorship section. 

Edited by mingusmonk
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Very true. In our case, we purposely wanted to sponsor an individual, not a fund. 

Awesome! I have donated to a couple of students in the past toward their tuition.  

But I'm thinking about setting up a 'go fund me' account for my summer fan tour.  (I kid, I kid...) 😁 

• Haha 3