The Cadets 2023

3 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Omg… could u imagine it being a life long dream to March the Cadets and then they hand you this. Yikes!

I’ve made piece with themed and campy uniforms but spandex leggings under bball shorts like you’re playing for some intramural badminton weekend team is wild 

6 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Omg… could u imagine it being a life long dream to March the Cadets and then they hand you this. Yikes!

I get it! I saw them on members and think they look good in person. They fit the theme very well. Once you see the show, you would say "yikes" if you had to perform it in the traditional uniform. I think the show and overall look is great and can do well competitively. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since I can't hide behind a weird moniker for my profile name, I have one simple thought.  The Holy Name Cadets, Garfield Cadets, Cadets of Bergen Country, O Holy Name, even into The Cadets all have a rich tradition of Innovation.  The question that seems to perplex me, is one revolving around either being an organization, that pushed boundaries and exploration of this idiom we so adore.  Today I even noted that Crown is pushing 210 bpm...my heart sank and I thought "what", then I thought good for them,  they have continued to be innovate leaders and one of the best in the business for years now.  With all the "issues" surrounding the Cadets in recent years, my simple thought is they need to get out of survival mode and get back to innovation.  Even in the Erie move, that is right down the street form the other Blue crew, that has completely changed the game in DCI, for the benefit of everyone.  What happened to the old Cadet saying..."First we zigged...ZAG!"  it seems that current strategies for success in today's world of DCI revolves around Innovation, you cannot remain reactive in this game nor can you solely rely on TRADITION, let me repeat.  You cannot rely on tradition, alone.  Devils are so far removed from what we know of them in the 80's and 90's and yet they remain the best at innovation and putting the one of the best products on the field of competition.  Can the Cadets do the same, or will they simply succumb to the idea of mediocrity and just somewhat complacency, by design...they need to find more of ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, GREENBLUE said:

Not a fan of most costumes corps wear nowadays but I'm just not a WGI fan. 

But I can imagine most members rolling their eyes when they see somebody who means absolutely nothing to them trying to speak for them.  Really weird. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Relax everyone. They have not even performed the show complete for us. Based on the idea, the uniform appears to fit. Tomorrow will tell the story. I think they will be full of surprises this season. 

• Like 1

Hoping Beanpot will be on YouTube later...:guinesssmilie::fight:

• Like 2