The Cadets 2023

This Cadet show is great! One of my favored shows of the season.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, craiga said:

So, since people keep bringing up uniforms, I would like to say something that I have never admitted publicly.  First, as some of you know,  I have been a loyal Boston supporter since I joined BAC in late 1979.  NOBODY  on earth has more love for the unquestionable mystique of the cadet style uniform, whether it is the one I wore or the one that former Cadets wore. 

Imagine my shock then, as I stood in the uniform room in Vermont the day we unboxed the 2018 SOS uniforms!  I remember seeing a box of lime green material and someone telling me "those are the headbands".   I was actually speechless, but I said nothing in front of the kids, most of whom seemed excited about the look.

I went back to my RV that night literally with knots in my stomach.   But then I gave it some thought...actually hours if thought.  I decided that  I love my drum corps so much, and the members, fellow alums and staff as well, that I would support them no matter what.  An alum and BAC senior corps leader who marched in the EARLY 60s said to me that weekend "I wouldn't have gone that way,  but do you realize how lucky we are just to have the corps still around to cheer for?"

He was right.  And I never forgot his words.  Not trying to lecture anyone here in Cadetland....but we are so fortunate to have our 80+ year old corps still out there in an era where Dead Corps International might very well have claimed the impregnable SCV. Support your corps and cheer for your kids.... as is the case with Boston, it belongs to them now.

Thanks for the lecture (j/k). 

Got my Annapolis tix!!!!

• Like 2

Reading the posts on corps not the Cadets, I must say that the Cadets are in an enviable position as we enter the meat and potatoes of the schedule...I say this because the drama associated with the Cadets, doesn't seem to be evident..The uniform issue is moot and their scores are rising with each performance...This bodes well for the remainder of the season and for future Cadet recruitment..With a sincere appeal to alums, it appears that the Cadets are trying to do the right thing while remaining competitive..I'm not around the corps everyday so my observation may seem naive, but it feels good to see a Cadet show I can be proud of....peace

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On a plane headed to Austin. Looking forward to seeing the show live, catching up with my son and a weekend full of drum corp.  :bigsmile:

• Like 8

2 hours ago, DAYGO said:

On a plane headed to Austin. Looking forward to seeing the show live, catching up with my son and a weekend full of drum corp.  :bigsmile:

That is awesome!!!

I know how proud you are of your boy. 

Safe travels and have a great time this weekend brother!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That is awesome!!!

I know how proud you are of your boy. 

Safe travels and have a great time this weekend brother!

Thanks, Chief!  It's hot out here!! Can't wait to see Sinnerman again Saturday night.  Hope your boy is having the time of his life!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DAYGO said:

Thanks, Chief!  It's hot out here!! Can't wait to see Sinnerman again Saturday night.  Hope your boy is having the time of his life!

My boy is having a blast! He was sick and missed his home show and Utah show. But he has been back since Colorado. He is hype for this weekend. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Congrats on win in Austin...Now in fifth place..keep pushing Cadets, your show is getting better each time I see it..peace

• Like 1

Not going to lie - I’m a bit concerned with their draw show placement tonight but I’m hoping judges see things how I do. Cadets should be, at worst, 6th tonight ahead of Mandarines and behind Phantom. I’ve always said give it some time for their more difficult book to overtake Phantom for 5th in the end. Let’s gooo Cadets!!!! 

• Like 2