The Cadets 2023

I was checking the DCI Rankings page.  I love that thing, always up-to-the-minute.

The Cadets are now the 4th highest ranked corps with the highest Most Recent score after tonight's competition at 92.3.  The fifth highest Most Recent score at 92.05 is the Boston Crusaders.

https://www.dci.org/scores/rankings

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

I know I've been hard on Cadets, primarily due to that ridiculous uniform, but I have to say I'm excited for their success this season. They really are coming out and putting their hearts on the field. Looking forward to seeing where they end up. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Tim K said:

I was at the Glassboro show this evening. Cadets did an amazing job. There was a great deal of audience support, probably the most consistent applause and cheering of the evening, especially from a number of alums sitting in my area. The true test for me is my Apple Watch. It notifies me when I am in a place where the noise is too loud. Cadets opening set off my watch. 

I've been a little smug that they were finally putting out a show with no voiceover. And now they've put it in. Maybe they were planning it all along, or had it in reserve in case they decided they needed it for clarity of intent. I haven't gotten a clear listen from amateur videos yet - what was your reaction to it? In some ways, it makes the percussion transition segments (where much of the narration is) seem more obviously transitional, like advancing the story along.

• Like 1

Clean, Clean, Clean! Build up that endurance... and do what the Cadets always do at this time of year... just like Atlas... RISE!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, chris ncsu said:

I've been a little smug that they were finally putting out a show with no voiceover. And now they've put it in. Maybe they were planning it all along, or had it in reserve in case they decided they needed it for clarity of intent. I haven't gotten a clear listen from amateur videos yet - what was your reaction to it? In some ways, it makes the percussion transition segments (where much of the narration is) seem more obviously transitional, like advancing the story along.

100% doubt there was a plan.  Long gone are the days where the crowd and judges are left to "figure out" what a show means to them.  They need it spoon fed.  Hence, voice-overs.  Not a fan myself, but if they're not getting it or don't WANT to get it .. you have to cram it somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

... just like Atlas... RISE!

Oh, come on.  Atlas doesn't rise...does he?

Don't tell me I've got some more research to do to understand Cadets' show?  🙄

22 minutes ago, Eric M. Buckman said:

This is rich...the gap closed 0.01 in 6 days.

OK, I'll ask;  what gap?