The Cadets 2023

32 minutes ago, postertrout said:

Thanks. He went from a Carolina Crown groupie to bleeding Maroon and Gold. He stuck with the Cadets even after others in his section and friends from high school went to Blue Devils, BAC, and/or Bluecoats to chase a medal for their age-out years. 

Wow, there’s a comment never seen before “went to Blue Devils, BAC and/or Bluecoats to chase a medal”!  Went to BAC.  Kids used to go FROM BAC to chase a medal.  That’s a testament to how far they have come in the past few years after so many years trying.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Wow, there’s a comment never seen before “went to Blue Devils, BAC and/or Bluecoats to chase a medal”!  Went to BAC.  Kids used to go FROM BAC to chase a medal.  That’s a testament to how far they have come in the past few years after so many years trying.

Correct.  For decades, members left BAC to chase medals at the Cadets, including dozens of Massachusetts kids. After a management change at the end of 2007, 38 BAC members went to Cadets.  

• Like 1

Cadets are clearly channeling their inner being and manifesting a rising season. Last night's show was fantastic for them. Great job. 

• Like 1

Congratulations on a successful season , and surviving the physical demands brought on by the changing CLIMATE lol..But seriously, yesterday was my first live show since the covid exhibition year and I realized that, for all it's flaws, FLO ain't that bad this year...Not that sitting in an aging stadium with HEAVY air affecing the sound, wasn't fun...I want to hear the playback of Saturday's show to see if their mics picked up the sounds I couldn't hear...Even the announcer wasn't audible. Safe to say, that getting back among dci fandom was great..However, I think my next outdoor venue will be INDOORS..GO CADETS!!!!!...Keep RISING!

• Like 2

I hope the next 3 days at "home" in Erie gives the corp the energy they need for a final push.   The facility, dorms, and comforts not found on the road are a plus going in to Indy.   Wishing everyone a safe and healthy last week.  Keep pushing, Cadets.  Keep RISING!  We know you can do it!

Edited by DAYGO
  • Like 8

On 8/6/2023 at 1:50 PM, Vuitton said:

So happy what I thought about the Cadets weeks ago is coming to fruition. This is a top 5 show. I hope they can hold on and pull it off next week.

You and me both. 

I haven’t stopped by enough to show some love to Cadets and their show this year, so better late than never! I am overjoyed for the Cadets and all their alumni for the wonderful show they have on the field this summer. It is powerful and emotional with great drill and superb percussion and brass.

Personally, I feel so fortunate to be able to see it live next week and for my partner to see what I believe to be the best Cadets show since he started attending Finals week in 2014. One of my earliest drum corps experiences was seeing Appalachian Spring in 1987 at Madison. From that standard and other great Cadets shows, 2023 feels pure Cadets to me, in the emotion it evokes.

I can’t wait to join the crowds in standing Os for this show.

Edited by lawdn
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2