Santa Clara Vanguard 2023 Announcement Thread

Toby

7 hours ago, gbass598 said:

And I was frankly surprised when both came to finals last year knowing that essentially a joint announcement was made before 2019. I was under the impression that was going to be a long term choice for the foreseeable future rebrand both SCVC and BDB to local corps only. Then a pandemic that effects the global economy and both corps decide to do national tours the first chance they get. I have to wonder if BD also privately regrets bringing BDB to finals last year.

I imagine BD game planned properly 

2 hours ago, ContraFart said:

It was a little more complicated than that with Magic. 2002 was a positive year. It was a great tour from top to bottom. 2003 was the problem year. Adding Colin to the staff and loss of Brigadiers funding was the actual beginning of the end. What they did in 2000 and 2001 with Micro Magic was smart. They even played a few corporate gigs. 

And Brigs funding source?

bingo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

I imagine BD game planned properly 

I learned a long time ago what it means to assume. Not accusing anyone of mismanagement or anything but they clearly scaled back this year as well. They just might be a bit more quiet about it and somewhat less impact because of their multiple revenue streams.

9 hours ago, ContraFart said:

It was a little more complicated than that with Magic. 2002 was a positive year. It was a great tour from top to bottom. 2003 was the problem year. Adding Colin to the staff and loss of Brigadiers funding was the actual beginning of the end. What they did in 2000 and 2001 with Micro Magic was smart. They even played a few corporate gigs. 

Oh, I know how complicated it was.

I deleted my post because I noticed from another thread you were support staff back then and many staff deserve the respect.

It's very sad, many loved Magic, including me.

I PM ed you

Edited by GUARDLING
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gbass598 said:

I learned a long time ago what it means to assume. Not accusing anyone of mismanagement or anything but they clearly scaled back this year as well. They just might be a bit more quiet about it and somewhat less impact because of their multiple revenue streams.

they found ways to do bingo in 2020 too....remember the article about drive in bingo? still do it too

https://www.diablogazette.com/2021/05/blue-devils-drive-in-bingo-is-here-to-stay/

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GUARDLING said:

remember that hot mess? 🤐

in both circuits

• Sad 1

In Florida Bingo is now "arcades" There are a ton of them. I wonder why nobody in FL is using them to start a FL corps. 

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They’re everywhere over here.  I haven’t stepped foot in one.  

Come on, you’re retired and in Flori-duh. Life is nothing more than bingo, early birds, thrift shops and afternoon live performance shows (ducks). 
Well that’s my sisters take when they visited her mother in law. 🙄

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Haha 5