Troopers 2023

On 3/4/2023 at 2:48 PM, IllianaLancerContra said:

Technology question- couldn’t they use one of the multiple synthesizers to sound like harmonica?  

Just use the harmonica...

• Like 2

Love the look, love the prop, love the sound!  I know it’s very early but the guard, oh my. The guard is much larger than last years. Hope the didn’t sacrifice quality just to have a big one.

55 minutes ago, mjyaub said:

Love the look, love the prop, love the sound!  I know it’s very early but the guard, oh my. The guard is much larger than last years. Hope the didn’t sacrifice quality just to have a big one.

Guard is larger, drawn from a larger audition pool, likely a tad older, and contracted earlier than in past years. Guard is not my area of knowledge, but I have observed that others have noted that the show has a very high content load. Lots and lots of work is packed into the program, they say. The corps has been in ST for a month now, but guards typically are the last unit to assemble at ST. My guess is the members are still onboarding all the information they've been cramming into their brains, and at the moment are executing from a memorization checklist more than they are performing from muscle memory. Just like learning a piece at the piano; once you have the notes down, you can start to free up your brain for higher-level performance concerns.

Edited by 2muchcoffeeman

I want to echo what everyone else is saying about Troopers. That premiere live stream video really gave us a look at a corps that is clearly ready to go. Full show on the field. Very large corps. They must have over 90 brass. 16 tubas! Nice, and they produce a nice quality sound. I love their music book (brass, perc, pit). Well done. The prop is fantastic. Just don't smoke a certain substance and attend a show they are at because you will be staring at that prop all show and miss all the other good things going on. Where they place or how they score is not important to me, but I cannot see anyone knocking them out of top 12. Some of the corps in front of them will need to be really good. 

Loved it.  Top twelve for sure.  Placement depends on how much the guard can clean.  Good staff combined with  passionate members. I think we will all be surprised how clean it gets by Indy.  Ahead of last year and hopefully no COVID problems.

Edited by bandman28
More thoughts

Troopers look to move up a few spots this year!   Boy are they sounding good!

Edited by wormster79

Cleaned up the thread. Play nice, kids. 

• Thanks 2