Troopers 2023

3 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

As a scientist, I will confirm that the sun spinning dangerously out of control would be a bad thing.  

Thank you for the scientific confirmation.

• Like 2

After 48 hours of concern, I'm happy to report the rotating sun is BACK!  Troopers had a great run tonight in Cedarburg

• Like 6

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Are there scores yet?

We had to leave (I know blasphemy) so we're waiting on them to posted.

Can anyone report out from the Troop guard? All runs I've seen show decent demand but a good number of consecutive drops (even on lower tosses) and missed impacts. Still, they're respectably costumed and designed, and showing lots of promise. Rooting for them big time.

Not blaming the members here at all, just wondering if they're simply still growing into the show, need more rest, Wheaties, or what. Or am I just too far away, not getting to see it live? Mistakes are one thing, but if they're performed-through well enough, they don't matter to me, just can't quite see that kind of performance quality well enough through high cam.... or perhaps they've already cleaned up since the last cake recipe was made available online.

Just checkin in on you, Troop. 🌞 Keep it up!

Edited by scheherazadesghost
  • Like 2

I still haven't seen last year's show, but I finally got to watch TLTS over the weekend.  Holy smokes, Troopers got good.  Intense brass from start to finish that felt like they were always on the forward edge of momentum, and it looked like they never got tired - the end was just as aggressive as the start.  Drumline was on fire, and the overall drill felt logical and kind of old school - not a lot of dancing from form to form.  I didn't really detect any story in the show, though watching hi-cam that's sometimes hard to see.  The prop was hypnotic.  Overall, just a wonderful program and performance - and they look fantastic!  I can't believe its taken them this long for someone to figure out how to unlock the "look" while still keeping the look.  

As long as they keep on the upward curve, this feels more like an 8th place corps than a 12th place group.  I think they may surprise some of the established Finals names before this is done.

Mike

• Like 2