How often is the finals performance the BEST performance of a corps ?

19 hours ago, greg_orangecounty said:

Santa Clara was the clear favorite going into the 1972 season.  However, they did a horrible show (by their standards) at Finals.  It opened the door for us to win it. 

From my viewpoint and ears sitting in the endzone stands in Dallas in 1971, I thought that the reverse happened the year earlier. (Phasing in Saber Dance?)

16 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Ehhh...not for us, at least everything before Finals. 

I loved 99 Cadets.  98 deserved everything it got of course, but I really preferred the music selection and performance in 99. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Best example: Cadets 2000. 

Ehhh...not for us, at least everything before Finals. 

I love your 1999 Cadets show. One of my favorite Cadets show of all time. 

The top six from 99, I would put them up against just about any year. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lance said:

I loved 99 Cadets.  98 deserved everything it got of course, but I really preferred the music selection and performance in 99. 

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

I love your 1999 Cadets show. One of my favorite Cadets show of all time. 

The top six from 99, I would put them up against just about any year. 

99 left me bitter about drum corps in general, and not because we didn't win as I didn't expect us to win. That season was NOT fun at all. I say this all the time, but that year almost made me quit drum corps for good. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

99 left me bitter about drum corps in general, and not because we didn't win as I didn't expect us to win. That season was NOT fun at all. I say this all the time, but that year almost made me quit drum corps for good. 

Wow. Sorry to hear that brother. Whatever it was that made you comeback in 2000, we are all glad you did!

• Like 4

Have to say Cadets’ 2000 was overall a great program. Just a great flow musically and visually. Sorry to hear ‘99 was a tough year for you. The car parts were a stretch but the performance level was not to be denied! You rocked what you had to work with!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Wow. Sorry to hear that brother. Whatever it was that made you comeback in 2000, we are all glad you did!

Jana Anderson and Jay Bocook. It's because of them I went back, and I'm certainly glad I did as well. That was THE best summer of my adolescent life. 

19 minutes ago, Sutasaurus said:

Have to say Cadets’ 2000 was overall a great program. Just a great flow musically and visually. Sorry to hear ‘99 was a tough year for you. The car parts were a stretch but the performance level was not to be denied! You rocked what you had to work with!

Yeah we pulled it out in our finals performance in 99. 2000 was definitely one for the books. That is my favorite Cadets' show, and not because I marched it. I still watch that show over and over to this day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Jana Anderson and Jay Bocook. It's because of them I went back, and I'm certainly glad I did as well. That was THE best summer of my adolescent life. 

Yeah we pulled it out in our finals performance in 99. 2000 was definitely one for the books. That is my favorite Cadets' show, and not because I marched it. I still watch that show over and over to this day. 

Bravo/Bravi

4 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

i know some folks you marched with that felt the same way. one left for BD, and while they didn't win, they definitely felt they had a better experience

11 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I saw you 3 times that summer in Washington DC shows.  Last one was literally 2 miles from my house.  Was neat to watch how show grew over time.