What Can/Can’t Be Changed to Help

8 minutes ago, TheOneWhoKnows said:

Even though this will get backlash or at least be met with some sort of contention, I'll be honest I miss the Tour of Champions. It was able to sell tickets when it remained the true Tour of Champions model. Granted I understand logistics suck, but it drew crowds. 

Logistics didn’t just suck, it sucked money.  

TOC in the Post G7 proposal era were mega shows on the tours where the G7 + 1 invitee were the roster.  Random draw order of appearance.  And for a time I think they had slightly different sheets...but eventually were judged on the same DCI sheets.

There'd be what 5 or 6 of them on the tour?  I forget.   They were basically blockbuster shows bringing all the bigs together in head to head competition.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I just found out that prelims on Thursday in Indy won’t be starting until 11:45am.  That’s almost lunchtime.  

Unless they shorten intermissions, that could really affect the BLL broadcast.

I'm assuming they'll still be having it ,even though it doesn't show up on Fathom's web site yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scheherazadesghost said:

I'm open to the idea so long as it's not tagged onto the end like in 04. Performing after finals was beyond exhausting, and we were sustained by fumes and the home crowd enthusiasm only. 

Recently saw rehearsal footage from those weeks and can now see clear signs of overtraining syndrome in the guard. I think this is around the time when my male counterpart dropped me with the full corps charging behind us actually. Poor guy.

Were later iterations of TOC mid season?

I think in 04 it was tacked on at end because finals were a week earlier than usual 

• Thanks 1