2023 Blue Stars

I am admittedly a Blue Stars homer but I can be critical when necessary. The corps continues to improve design-wise year over year. Tonight's show was hands down the best Blue Stars production I have seen. Last year the percussion seemed invisible the first few weeks of the season, tonight they were featured and were very good. Traditionally the guard is messy early, understandable considering the work they do, tonight they looked like they were in mid-July form. The brass improves every year. But the biggest thing for me was the flow of the show and the look on the field. It was superb. The colors were excellent, the transitions all worked, and I never found my attention wandering, which in previous years it has. 

This is going to be a very special year for the Blue Stars. They clearly want to move into the top five and I think they have a good shot to do so. No other show on the field tonight has the growth potential that the Blue Stars show does. This is a show written to be added to and to peak on August 12.  I am happy for them. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

I am admittedly a Blue Stars homer but I can be critical when necessary. The corps continues to improve design-wise year over year. Tonight's show was hands down the best Blue Stars production I have seen. Last year the percussion seemed invisible the first few weeks of the season, tonight they were featured and were very good. Traditionally the guard is messy early, understandable considering the work they do, tonight they looked like they were in mid-July form. The brass improves every year. But the biggest thing for me was the flow of the show and the look on the field. It was superb. The colors were excellent, the transitions all worked, and I never found my attention wandering, which in previous years it has. 

This is going to be a very special year for the Blue Stars. They clearly want to move into the top five and I think they have a good shot to do so. No other show on the field tonight has the growth potential that the Blue Stars show does. This is a show written to be added to and to peak on August 12.  I am happy for them. 

clean. the. feet.  

The perc has so much room to grow compared to last year but visual seems to be same level as last year early season.

Blue Stars....I love you cats man. That's a nice show you have. Battery you cats have got your tuning as darn close to perfect as I have heard in a LONG time. 

Great ballad....just great. 

I have but one request:

The giant, black tubes. Please for the love of the universe, build some small ramps, flip those bad boys nose up facing the stands and blow the horns through them like they're a frikin' Alphorn. You will get like 4 trillion GE points from me.

220px-Alphorn_player_in_Wallis.jpg

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

As long as todays GE judge isn't scoring it lol

Instantly you would drop to 8th place out of 4 corps.

Edited by Weaklefthand4ever
  • Haha 1

Great start for BS.  I think they will pass Phantom fairly quickly.  Lots to clean and lots to develop but a great start for the corps and I love the direction they have gone!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

euro-trip-fairy.gif

I just see it as the journey of drinking absinthe.  You start off with tubes most likely to be straws and reveal the spoons.  Slowly you get farther into the drink and seeing more green fairies

This year is so green...

go-green.gif

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Haha 1

Green is the new Blue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1