Midwest Premiere

2 hours ago, Boss Anova said:

Yes. Appreciate the whataboutism, and it’s valid , but those were rather short.  Your lengthy assessment and review of a Corps not in attendance on a show thread was much better served on that Corps thread . You do not have to “ scroll through 43 threads” to find that corps  2023 thread either  . It’s much closer than you think it is .( its on this very page  ).  Thanks for that review of that Corps and enjoy your season . 

Hey - this is the internet. On the internet there are some rules. One is, never admit you might have been wrong about something. You must defend your position at all cost. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

Hey - this is the internet. On the internet there are some rules. One is, never admit you might have been wrong about something. You must defend your position at all cost. 

Deny everything. Admit nothing. Demand proof. Make counter-accusations.  

• Like 6

Overall Midwest was a great start. Shows are good in general and it should be a fun and exciting season. No corps is without faults but are things I believe will change and improve as the season progress.

Blue Stars I love what you are doing. They have an mesmerizing quality this year. The concept is just really refreshing and they play very well.. I am so intrigued with it. I feel transported by it.

Phantom is really going for it and I happy they finally have found a way to modernized and still keep themselves. Musically and visually strong, but let's hope they developed the show to maximize very well. I was clapping hard for them. Uniforms look good, but cape too long. But they are amazing.

Troopers I am happy with your show aswell, it's a up for me from last year. I see the potential of this show growing to become one of their most memorable shows in recent history. However I see placed in the show where they can add some much punch to the music and drill.

Colts very nice. I know the color pallette is no for some, because they seem Fadish according to criticism, but my take on it is that I like the colors, but it was lacking contrast until the color guards changed going to the end of the show. The flags worked well. I think the overall tone was beautiful and match the feel of theme, just added more contrast please. And work on the impact of drill and music some more. It's has plenty to grow.

• Like 1

Oh contrare, my esteemed Mr. Ream.  I saw Troop in Ogden just as they were premiering and pegged them as a finalist from their first show.  (remember, they didn't come out till July last year).

You are right 99% of the time.  Here's your 1%.  🙂. Ok, maybe 99.9% of the time and this is your 0.01%. 🙂

1 hour ago, DudleytheWest said:

I thought the Borg were going to come out of that thing an assimilate the entire corps. I'm not really sure what the point of the prop is, but it sure is cool.

Sun

That prop probably has BOA directors lined up to bid for it.  It could be used with a billion different themes as the sun, a wormhole, a steampunk generator, a sci-fi thing, etc.

2 hours ago, IllianaLancerContra said:

Deny everything. Admit nothing. Demand proof. Make counter-accusations.  

You mean projection?

2 hours ago, DudleytheWest said:

I thought the Borg were going to come out of that thing an assimilate the entire corps. I'm not really sure what the point of the prop is, but it sure is cool.

Could this be considered a “modernist sunburst”?

• Thanks 1