"Uniforms/Costumes"

On 7/1/2023 at 10:17 PM, Cappybara said:

These cadets unis are hilarious 😂😂

Just awful. Shorts over leggings...and those loose fitting tops look like they came from Dollar General. I like the music and show though. 

• Like 2

There's no doubt who's coming on the field when you see the Cavies coming...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've noticed these very tight "unis" that expose every single bulge, crack and rolls. Madison for example...Love the color concept but man those skin tight pants....They don't need to be skin tight. BD and Phantom has maybe the best fitted unis. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I've noticed these very tight "unis" that expose every single bulge, crack and rolls. Madison for example...Love the color concept but man those skin tight pants....They don't need to be skin tight.  

Have you ever watched track and field, the NFL, or college women's softball?

Edited by TOC
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

I've noticed these very tight "unis" that expose every single bulge, crack and rolls. Madison for example...Love the color concept but man those skin tight pants....They don't need to be skin tight. BD and Phantom has maybe the best fitted unis. 

Yup. Should be unnacceptable in a youth activity. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 11:17 PM, Cappybara said:

These cadets unis are hilarious 😂😂

I love them. Works with the show too. Good stuff from Cadets!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TenHut said:

Yup. Should be unnacceptable in a youth activity. 

Whatever you do, don't watch scholastic wrestling, swimming, diving, track, or any number of sports! Somehow, people have managed to keep their cool about those.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

you tell me they didnt try making them skin tight back in the day

10527849_10204528685323410_8992650268357

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

you tell me they didnt try making them skin tight back in the day

10527849_10204528685323410_8992650268357

Let’s talk “Spin Cycle” here….

• Like 1

It could be argued that the difference in attire btw drum corps/colorguard and scholastic sports is that said sports get dangerous or less efficient with more covering. Many of those sports are also now under the jurisdiction of stronger safeguarding protocols of the US Center for SafeSport.

That's not the case here. Tight or revealing costuming is not necessary. And the closest approximation to drum corps, youth dance, already has best practices with costuming provided by orgs like YPAD. Such best practices further the notion that, in educational settings, modesty is best as it can be difficult for minors and young people to give full informed consent about revealing costuming. Take the educational component out and have at it, I guess.

We're pretty dang close to the years' old thread on this forum asking why not just have nudity. Gross. These are young people, a vulnerable population even if adult. The other sports mentioned also have safeguarding problems and I'm positive that attire is a liability therein too.

It's weird reflecting back on one of the costumes I wore as it was one of the first that put the a whole section in mid drifts. Nothing left to the imagination. Kinda grosses to me now.

Edited by scheherazadesghost
typos
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1