What's your most Iconic "Company Front"?

...then Suncoast Sound gives us some "Sun Jazz" and a "Fair" company front!

VK's like, OK. Here you go! Have a fun Summer!

Possibly VKs highest score:

10 hours ago, Tim K said:

Like others have said, the greatest overall company fronts were those of Cadets, for me Madison is a close second. My goosebumps moment would have to be SCV’s performance in Lawrence, MA in 2013. It caught me by surprise and blew me away.

Though it’s not a strict company front but has company front features, 27th’s wheel always impressed me. I can recall seeing early season shows where you knew the potential but they had lots of work to do, 1979 in particular, but no matter what the wheel was always perfect.

Thanks for the 1979 shout-out! We were a very gritty corps but stuck the landing by finals. But yeah, the first half of the season was rough. Like really rough.

On 6/22/2023 at 2:26 AM, MadisonBandMan1 said:

The closer from Cadets 2011 still gets me every time. One of my top three favorite shows of all time. 

One of THE best fronts I've ever seen from Cadets...

13 hours ago, jwillis35 said:

At the 10:38 min mark, just before the company front hits to close the show, this has to be the fastest company front ever. They do one at the beginning of the show, but the front at the end is just ridiculous in terms of speed and difficulty. Great ending to this show. The drill was incredibly difficult. Would have loved much much less narration because this was one killer performing ensemble. 

ESPECIALLY the "z-push" into it. Note the guy in the red shorts...

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

One of THE best fronts I've ever seen from Cadets...

ESPECIALLY the "z-push" into it. Note the guy in the red shorts...

I quite literally just watched this 17 times in a row 😅. Visual work performed at a high level without any of the music just mesmerizes me. Just itches this spot for me that I can't quite explain. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

I quite literally just watched this 17 times in a row 😅. Visual work performed at a high level without any of the music just mesmerizes me. Just itches this spot for me that I can't quite explain. 

Believe me, I completely identify with that feeling, which is why I posted that video. 

23 hours ago, bkbass98 said:

Since most of the others that come to mind have already been mentioned (although I prefer the 88 SCV diagonal company front to the one in 89), I'll mention a Cadets one that often gets overlooked especially because of the comparisons to 84:

The Officer Krupke "fake" company front was one I always enjoyed seeing in 94. Starts building right around the 10:30 mark.

Recalling the 1986 Cadets show from the BAC thread... Cadets first did the "company back" in 1986. Though, musically, it's BRILLIANT in 1994.

Any ever done by the Kingsmen, 27th or multiple M&M caption winning Troopers. 

More recently - anyone doing one to the big ending of Appalachian Spring.  

4 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Any ever done by the Kingsmen, 27th or multiple M&M caption winning Troopers. 

More recently - anyone doing one to the big ending of Appalachian Spring.  

We (Kingsmen) did.  1972 during "Color-Pre".  3:50 mark.  It's almost easier to ask who DID'NT do a company front.

It was standard.  Like salt pills, peanut butter & jelly sandwiches, and bus exhaust fumes. 

• Like 2