Top 12 Predictions 2023 (No off topic discussion, please!)

24 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

1. BAC

2. BD

3. Bloo

4. Crown

5. Mandarins

No one wants to see BD win again except the homers. Crowds love to see upsets and underdog stories, so BAC and Mandarins should have their highest placements ever. 

Quite a few people on this forum have warmed up to BD this season, and they are as far from BD homers as you can get. 

So you might be speaking for some, certainly not all. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Quite a few people on this forum have warmed up to BD this season, and they are as far from BD homers as you can get. 

So you might be speaking for some, certainly not all. 

Haha...truth @Chief Guns.   I would list BD about #.....well, lets say very low on my list of favorite corps.  But I've said since the first time I saw them in person this year that they are blowing me away with this years show and execution.  I have had to begrudgingly admit to my friend (son marches BD) that they have a great (cough) show and that they are probably as much a sure thing for the win as I've seen in forever (and this is with every corps quality being elevated!).  This may be the first show of theirs in a long time where I will go out of my way to watch it once the season ends....I think coming into this year I would have been closer to "BD Hater" than "BD Homer"!  Also, having a kid march DCI changes how I have viewed all corps.  Now I grow admiration for each corp for different reasons!  It goes from Ugh, not them again, to "would that be a corp that I would trust and want my kid to march for....".

Edited by spacewill
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MarimbaManiac said:

1. BAC

2. BD

3. Bloo

4. Crown

5. Mandarins

No one wants to see BD win again except the homers. Crowds love to see upsets and underdog stories, so BAC and Mandarins should have their highest placements ever. 

The crowd’s not judging and the judges don’t care about those narratives.

But it’s definitely inarguable that BAC winning would make a lot of people, fans of every corps, very happy for them — including me! It’s a lovely show, lovely corps, they’re kicking butt this year, they kicked butt last year, great for them. BAC, Crown and Bloo would all be worthy  

@Chief Guns’s also right, though, that BD has a lot of support this year from people who aren’t normally fans. I don’t think this necessarily translates to those people wanting them to win, but this doesn’t really  feel like one of those years where most people will hate that they won, if they do. I remember what those years felt like, and that’s just not the vibe. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/4/2023 at 10:07 AM, MarimbaManiac said:

1. BAC

2. BD

3. Bloo

4. Crown

5. Mandarins

I'm just gonna bump this up to the top, considering it's a completely plausible outcome at this point. 

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, MarimbaManiac said:

I'm just gonna bump this up to the top, considering it's a completely plausible outcome at this point. 

This could definitely happen. And yes, a lot of fans will be happy to see BD not win for a change. But instead this result would be disappointing the Crown homers, Cadets homers, Phantom homers, and Cavies homers. Haha!

The 1-4, 5-7/8, 9-11, and 12-15 battles are so exciting this year!!

7 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

Heading into finals week...here we go! 
1. Blue Devils
2. Boston Crusaders
3. Carolina Crown
4. Bluecoats
5. Cadets
6. Mandarins
7. Phantom Regiment
8. Cavaliers
9. Troopers/Colts
10. Troopers/Colts
11. Blue Stars
12. Crossmen

Really going out on a limb here.

What did you post just before the first contest?

• Like 2

If Crown’s percussion has the cleanest run of the season next Saturday (and judges give them credit for it), and brass continues its dominance with The Ott, and guard is super… and can stay within a hair of top GE, then don’t count out Crown for #1.

It’s a lot if “ifs”, but Crown does have a path to the gold. This didn’t seem possible only 1 week ago, but it is now - in my opinion.  

IF EVERYTHING BREAKS CROWN’S WAY:

1. Crown

2. BD

3. BAC

4. Bluecoats

Realistically, it probably won’t happen. 
Then:

1. BD

2. Crown

3. BAC

4. Bloo

• Like 1