DCI Central Indiana 2023

Just now, FLBuzcut said:

I'm not a qualified judge but I was in the stadium and I also do not understand Cavies beating Blue Stars in brass. BS sounded wonderful live; balance, articulation, tone, all top notch.  Cavies had some nice moments but a lot if it was rough.

I am also shocked at the cavaliers score versus the top 3 tonight 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I have ears and teach in this profession, I’d like to think I have somewhat of a knowledge of what brass sounds like.  Maybe I should have said music analysis which is more from the box.

I am kinda sick of any kind of negative observation being met with “well you weren’t there and are too stupid to judge so you wouldn’t know”.  It’s annoying and always a cheap shot.  

I thought Blue Stars sounded much better tonight, sorry you don’t agree.  

And I don’t really take that seriously from the one behaving like an absolute toddler on the Madison Scouts thread.  

There is a pattern a brewing......

Not usually a Cavie fan but Cavaliers will be one of my favorites this year. So many old fart references. 🙂

20 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Cavaliers are dirty, so....

Hate or dislike. It's gonna rock when it's all done.

Congrats all corps!

They were dirty because the show is kicking their butt right now.  Physically.  They will be fine.   More than fine.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

I have ears and teach in this profession, I’d like to think I have somewhat of a knowledge of what brass sounds like.  Maybe I should have said music analysis which is more from the box.

I am kinda sick of any kind of negative observation being met with “well you weren’t there and are too stupid to judge so you wouldn’t know”.  It’s annoying and always a cheap shot.  

I thought Blue Stars sounded much better tonight, sorry you don’t agree.  

And I don’t really take that seriously from the one behaving like an absolute toddler on the Madison Scouts thread.  

Yeah, you're a straight shooter.  Cavaliers are dirtier, but I believe that their ceiling is higher once cleaned. Maybe a little rework here and there.

You definitely have the knowledge and experience to have a well formed opinion 👍 

Cavies have a hard show, visually, with difficult drill. Drill is hard, who figured?

Lots of new guys in the hornline too. This was a first show for many. 

...and loads cleaner than last week.

Have no fear!

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MadScout80 said:

Not usually a Cavie fan but Cavaliers will be one of my favorites this year. So many old fart references. 🙂

It's a great show. I really love Crown, Regiment, Cavies and Blue Stars. It's going to be really interesting to see how things pan out between Blue Stars, Regiment and Cavies this year. I am just in love with the Blue Stars show most (between the 3). It's really fantastic and has so much potential. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DudleytheWest said:

They have a very well designed and very complex show. Just like last year, it's a slowish start for them. They will be fine. 

Well, perhaps if you were in the stadium, down on the field, and qualified to judge, rather than outside the stadium, hundreds of miles away, listening to streamed audio, and unqualified to judge..... 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

100%. 

And please understand me — I’m a BD die hard. I didn’t say this about Crown in 2012 (visual dirt) or even 2015 (something missing on finals night) but my premonition is that this year it will happen. 

That said: if I’m wrong: no refunds. 

I take you very seriously - didn’t mean to come across as flip. I need more reads on Crown’s show, and I will probably always look at it through the lens of what take do they have on the Arthur story, which will be supremely unhelpful in assessing it as a drum corps show. So I am paying attention when you and lots of other smart folks are calling this show a potential monster and trying to catch up on what I am missing. I am all in for a 4-way battle for gold! I love BD but they need to be pushed.

• Like 1