Stanford & Son (DCI West, July 9, 2023)

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

It’s supposed to change the pitch.  I see them live next week, interested in if you can even tell, sure can’t over the feed.  

Same. I kind of heard it in the one lot video I saw but you have to really listen for it. I can't imagine it is really noticeable live but I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the live version.

last couple mins are my favorite part of BK's show right now.  performance will get there.  they actually sounded better on the move than standing still at the end there.  probably because they didn't really have anywhere to breathe with all of the drill leading up to it lol. 

1 minute ago, Dmlkmen said:

Big sound tonight from BK. Might have had some audio issues from the French Horn on the tower in the opener. But that large, open sound is back. And Bocook’s book is showing in the brass runs, 16th  it’s, and chord structures. 

BK had been practicing a few miles from my house at a local HS in Commerce City, CO since April. The front range in this area is flat, and sound travels as there are no trees, just homes and some structures. I could hear their drums and brass echos in my backyard this past Spring….from those 3 miles away. 

I wish I could hear them from City Park  😂

BK brings a lot of musical firepower, jaw dropping when clean, but much of it isn't. Intonation issues at times especially low brass. Kind of lost the thread for me on concept after strong opener. Guard is often very capable and had a nice rifle feature 2/3 of way in that was nicely done. Flags in later sections need to work to stay together. Lot of potential. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

I would honestly argue otherwise. Concept either isn’t super strong or isn’t obvious. They’re pretty loud, but nothing seems very standout to me, especially content wise 

I think it starts out pretty good, and the ending is nice, but yeah ... there's a lot of time there in the middle that needs a lot of work.

• Like 1

BK hornline was really powerful in Rose Bowl.  Not coming thru on Flo