Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

Good news- Weather app says no rain in Broken Arrow this coming Tuesday. 
Bad news- Weather app says high of 100 in Broken Arrow this coming Tuesday. 

Hopefully it will cool to low 90s by step off, but IIRC it is an artificial turf field & those can hold heat (high thermal mass) for a while. 

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
Date added to title

Underrated movie. Grossed $150MM on a $50MM budget. Plus, original Hans Zimmer score.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kdaddy said:

This show is way better than the one in Face/Off, OK...

See what ya did there…we’ll played🎬🎥😁

I'm really looking for the first face-to-face between Phantom and Cadets. Also wanting to see the how momentum between the big 4 corps is panning out. In recent years, Boston has had a way of adding a twist near the end of the season for a final pop of excitement. While I live in the Boston Area, I've struggled to warm up to the corps for some reason. But their appeal just can't be denied over the last few years. And the complexity of the brass score and visual frenzy in the drill is astonishing. It will be interesting to see how far they can take it. The competition at this level is really exciting. Let's see how the gaps change or if any of them can overtake the others! 

BTW, has anyone noticed that Flo has improved this year, both in the quality of the camera work and consistency of it's delivery? 

Edited by GlenI
  • Like 3

Flo has been getting better each year.  Thus far the only gripes I have are camera exposure adjustments and fiddling with the high cam to do zoom ins during shows.

That's a minor list compared to the disconnections, "camera view rotates every 5 seconds between four cameras...including the end zone view" (at a Mile High DATR show one year).  Not having sound for entire shows, etc. of yesteryear. 

There's been a few "whoa there Multicam guy" shots but mostly at the end of shots when the director perhaps has ordered a new shot but the controller hasn't switched to another cam yet.    The number of "drunken Flo cam" shows has lessened. 

They're still learning the particulars of each show and the 'moments' which is ... admittedly challenging as shows are now changing and there is SO MUCH going on in shows these days to choose from.   But that's all normal.

Sound is good enough most nights I can enjoy it well and pick out things, I'm aware its never going to be quite like being there of course.

The true test of Flo's improvement is yet to come though.  We're now within the 1 mo of finals point and the number of subs will go up because people doing the "buy a month then cancel" in a way that includes finals come on board.  And the high demand on the stream shows are yet to come.  In the past, they've had some issues with compressing video or sound to be able to stream to more people at the same time or whatever it is that's done to make the magic work, on the big shows when lots of viewers are on at the same time.    But even that has improved through the years so...I'm hopeful.

It Beats 1-900-CAN-DRUM any day.

• Like 3

I have 2 prime 50 yard line seats for sale in Marketplace!