Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

For this show, I predict BD, Boston, Bluecoats,  Crown, Cadets, Phantom  and Blue Stars....and quite tight in 1-4.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Sensioto said:

BIG show on the table here. Some very entertaining productions this year, all packed into one evening. I project the following placements:

1) Blue Devils, 2) Bluecoats, 3) Carolina Crown, 4) Boston Crusaders, 5) The Cadets, 6) Phantom Regiment, 7) Blue Stars

Some great races developing between 2-4, and 5-6.

Wow, Boston in 4th? That would be something! But I'm projecting Boston closing the gap with BD...

1 hour ago, KVG_DC said:

Flo has been getting better each year.  Thus far the only gripes I have are camera exposure adjustments and fiddling with the high cam to do zoom ins during shows.

That's a minor list compared to the disconnections, "camera view rotates every 5 seconds between four cameras...including the end zone view" (at a Mile High DATR show one year).  Not having sound for entire shows, etc. of yesteryear. 

There's been a few "whoa there Multicam guy" shots but mostly at the end of shots when the director perhaps has ordered a new shot but the controller hasn't switched to another cam yet.    The number of "drunken Flo cam" shows has lessened. 

They're still learning the particulars of each show and the 'moments' which is ... admittedly challenging as shows are now changing and there is SO MUCH going on in shows these days to choose from.   But that's all normal.

Sound is good enough most nights I can enjoy it well and pick out things, I'm aware its never going to be quite like being there of course.

The true test of Flo's improvement is yet to come though.  We're now within the 1 mo of finals point and the number of subs will go up because people doing the "buy a month then cancel" in a way that includes finals come on board.  And the high demand on the stream shows are yet to come.  In the past, they've had some issues with compressing video or sound to be able to stream to more people at the same time or whatever it is that's done to make the magic work, on the big shows when lots of viewers are on at the same time.    But even that has improved through the years so...I'm hopeful.

It Beats 1-900-CAN-DRUM any day.

This ^ and the fact that the mics are turned down for certain corps. I can deal with ghosts taking over the cams, but let my ears bleed, #### it!!!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, karuna said:

Will BD still run 1's across every caption or will the captions be distributed across the top 4?  THAT is what I'm most interested to see.  

Predicting BD won't have a true clean sweep (as in 1s in both content and achievement, I think there will be a couple of 2s sprinkled in, especially in the visual section), but will take all of the captions overall except for guard and vis proficiency. I'm thinking guard will go to Crown and Proficiency will go to Bloo

3 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

They're still learning the particulars of each show and the 'moments' which is ... admittedly challenging as shows are now changing and there is SO MUCH going on in shows these days to choose from.   But that's all normal.

which is why i don't watch any multi cam until finals week when the vets take over production rather than it being contracted out to the lowest bidder.  as fascinating as it is to watch a pit member emote for 30 seconds and hit a cymbal a couple times and then flip to a guard member switching equipment, i feel like i'm kinda missing out on stuff.  it was like that even in the last regional last year.  

video for saturday's show was pretty laggy, too, and that was true for both feeds

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Grandpa Joe said:

This ^ and the fact that the mics are turned down for certain corps. I can deal with ghosts taking over the cams, but let my ears bleed, #### it!!!

That’s what the commercials volume is for. 😉

11 minutes ago, Dpsouthern81 said:

New start times announced for shows this week starting with this one because of forecasted heat. 

https://www.dci.org/news/high-temperature-forecasts-to-delay-start-times-of-upcoming-southwestern-events

"Outside water bottles are not permitted in the stadium. Public drinking fountains are located on the stadium concourse and concession stands will be fully stocked with water for purchase."

MONEY GRAB ALERT!

• Thanks 1