Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

2 hours ago, Lance said:

just to make sure i'm clear on the timing changes, phantom goes on at 8:47 central, right?

Good news for me. I work until 6 PST tonight. Going to be a mad dash.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, skevinp said:

On Flo this year, can we not watch corps already performed earlier in a show?

On the laptop I'm able to scroll back as long as the show stream is still running. I'm not sure about the Roku I use at home (currently visiting my dad until tomorrow).

They also rebroadcast the next day.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, skevinp said:

Perhaps, but their average daily increase won’t be much more than .4 after that.

Yah, given how generous judges have been out of the gate, it's gonna get interesting seeing how numbers management works the rest of the season.    I anticipate a LOT of chatter about how the scoring system works again.  And maybe high up enough that 'how we train the judges' is discussed before next season.  

Then again, they could just have J Webb judge everything

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Yah, given how generous judges have been out of the gate, it's gonna get interesting seeing how numbers management works the rest of the season.    I anticipate a LOT of chatter about how the scoring system works again.  And maybe high up enough that 'how we train the judges' is discussed before next season.  

Then again, they could just have J Webb judge everything

Please add Debbie "I'm Gonna Torch Ya" and Marie (I despise PR) Czapinski to your judging roster! 

• Haha 1

If predictions are welcome here

1. BD

2. Bluecoats

3. Crown

4. Boston

5. Phantom

6. Cadets

7. Blue Stars

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, karuna said:

Please add Debbie "I'm Gonna Torch Ya" and Marie (I despise PR) Czapinski to your judging roster! 

Heh.  Who was the drum judge at that show last week in the midwest that panned everyone on the slate. I mean the kept the score intervals fairly much as previous judges but the numbers were all "uh...wow...ok". 

We could make a nightmare panel.

1 hour ago, skevinp said:

Perhaps, but their average daily increase won’t be much more than .4 after that.

I actually think in the natural progression of improvement that this makes sense.  Early in the season when everything is rough it's easier to make quick changes and get bigger bumps.  Later in the season when you are working on the more little nuanced issues that may not be as noticeable you would expect score jumps to slow down a little.  There comes a point with most shows that you have done everything you can and you have maxed your performance ability so scores in August shouldn't jump as much as they have in the past.  Just my opinion though.