Broken Arrow 18 July 2023 - the Show, not the Accident (nor the Movie)

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Honestly the campy and innuendo silly bits read to me very much like Melville’s book. My English prof in college explained it to us as, “You read this as a serious psychological study of obsession and survival, you can read this as a rollicking sea tale, you can read this as an extended series of middle school dick jokes. There’s probably other ways to read it too. Have fun!”

My favorite book for a reason 🥰 Secretly deeply silly, that’s the fun 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashontheinternet said:

can't say i love it. pretty clean, drums are great, drill is neat, but theres nothing here i am really grabbing ahold of in terms of enjoyment. i wouldn't quite call it a nothing burger, but it's not all that interesting imho. 

It's a plain McDonald's hamburger. Meat and bun only

• Like 1

Just now, Trumpet98 said:

This is the first show I’ve gotten to watch this year. Honestly, I’m very disappointed in the quality of shows this year compared to last year. I might be alone in that feeling, but I haven’t seen much tonight that has really excited me.

I’ll say that it takes me a little longer each year for some shows to grow on me. But I usually come around on most of them. It’s been a while since there’s been a top 12 show that’s done absolutely nothing for me by finals night. 

Great job by Boston! The top 4 are just stacked with great brass, percussion and guard. Incredible stuff. I love their music. The baritone section in this corps is truly outstanding. Tubas sounded awesome. Visual program is mostly more traditional vs Bloo and BD. But I don't mind that. Some very readable forms. As with Bloo and BD closer needs some adjustments. They also need one of their show segments to really pop and grab the crowd in a big way kind of like that Tango from last year. Still definitely one of my favorite shows of the summer. We are lucky to see such a strong top 4 this year. 

• Like 4

I need to see more from Boston visually if they are to contend, were starting to see things from the rest of the top 5

2 minutes ago, Trumpet98 said:

This is the first show I’ve gotten to watch this year. Honestly, I’m very disappointed in the quality of shows this year compared to last year. I might be alone in that feeling, but I haven’t seen much tonight that has really excited me.

You are definitely alone in that feeling…

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

This really is the most Massachusetts show ever, huh 😭

Well, they burned witches a few years back 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5